Trusted Contributor

Re: Perricone MD will soon be launching...

I wasn't a fan of No Foundation Foundation at all. I also found it to be sticky/tacky feeling and the one shade fits all was WAY too dark for my fair skin. I decided to try it again when it became available in Fair and I'm glad I did. The shade is perfect and for whatever reason, I don't notice that tacky feeling which makes me wonder if either the formula has changed or the tackiness I initially experienced was due to layering and the NFF was reacting to the other skin care products on my face.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

On 4/13/2014 ProductGuy said:

lyn, you know how much I've enjoyed sharing Perricone product talk with you over the years. You're much more polite and less confrontational about it than I am. That's the joy of being an "old man." I can say with all the confidence in the world, you can count me out on this latest roll-out of products, but thanks for keeping us in the know. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Awwwwww, you make me blush. And you are not an "old man", lol. As my hubby would say, "I've seen photos, so I have proof."
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 lyn in MI said: I wasn't a fan of No Foundation Foundation at all. I also found it to be sticky/tacky feeling and the one shade fits all was WAY too dark for my fair skin. I decided to try it again when it became available in Fair and I'm glad I did. The shade is perfect and for whatever reason, I don't notice that tacky feeling which makes me wonder if either the formula has changed or the tackiness I initially experienced was due to layering and the NFF was reacting to the other skin care products on my face.

how long ago did you purchase it on your second try with the fair? I definitely like the fair better than the regular but the fair still looked a little off.

Honored Contributor

I have the NO Mascara Mascara.

I hate to post a mediocre review but I would not purchase it, although I have enjoyed playing with it. Mascara is something everyone just needs to try for themselves...we are all so different and so are our lashes!!!

It should not be called a NO anything...it most certainly IS a mascara...and a heavy one. IMO. It is NOT just a tint or primer at all. It is the oddest brush I have ever seen! It is a flat wand stick...with little tiny prongs coming out! Since it is a trial, I received no instructions on how they would like you to apply. I have tried every way. It is quite black which is nice. But it does clump on me, possibly the brush design. It sadly doesn't give me any length, but it does give a nice deep, black lash. However, after applying, I have had to pull out the clumps w/ a different wand each time.

It is quite possible that the promo I have will not be the final product they release.

My understanding is it will have a high end retail price ($40+)...maybe Q will have a deal.

Honored Contributor

On 4/28/2014 RespectLife said:

I have the NO Mascara Mascara.

I hate to post a mediocre review but I would not purchase it, although I have enjoyed playing with it. Mascara is something everyone just needs to try for themselves...we are all so different and so are our lashes!!!

It should not be called a NO anything...it most certainly IS a mascara...and a heavy one. IMO. It is NOT just a tint or primer at all. It is the oddest brush I have ever seen! It is a flat wand stick...with little tiny prongs coming out! Since it is a trial, I received no instructions on how they would like you to apply. I have tried every way. It is quite black which is nice. But it does clump on me, possibly the brush design. It sadly doesn't give me any length, but it does give a nice deep, black lash. However, after applying, I have had to pull out the clumps w/ a different wand each time.

It is quite possible that the promo I have will not be the final product they release.

My understanding is it will have a high end retail price ($40+)...maybe Q will have a deal.

ah dang! I was hoping it would be more like a dark tint, maybe one that holds curl too. I already have "real" mascaras I like (and cost less than that!!) so I will pass. If it it was more like a tint or serum type mascara I'd give it a try but I don't need another mascara, especially at that price. I am sure I will still watch the demo when it comes out but I doubt they'd change the formula that drastically to make it more tint-like than what you described. Thank you for your review!

Esteemed Contributor

I for one will not buy from his web site anymore, after being cheated on a product price, my CC company fixed it for me. Too bad we cannot get his vitamins on the Q, they do work.

As far as the no's, do not care for the foundation or the concealer and went back to EL.

Trusted Contributor

His new NO products are up @ Sephora.com. I was interested in the No Foundation Serum, but it's only available in one shade, light/medium, which will never work on my fair skin (sigh).
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

I checked out the perriconemd.com website and the products launched there today as well. I would LOVE to try the No Blush Blush, No Bronzer Bronzer, No Lipstick Lipstick and the No Mascara Mascara!! Unfortunately, the new serum foundation and concealer would be too dark for my fair complexion, so I'll have to patiently wait for fair versions to launch (pouting).
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Regular Contributor

I hope the new NFF serum is in-between the two colors available in the original NFF. The original color (the first NFF they produced) is too yellow/dark for me. I never bought the newer fair color because I think it would be too light.

I know some people mix the two NFF colors, but I didn't want to have to buy two just to get the right shade. Hope the new light/medium serum is the perfect in-between color! Also hoping it isn't too matte because, as others have mentioned, that dewy look from the NFF original is such a nice, creamy texture.

And can't wait to try the blush!

Honored Contributor

I tried the new No Foundation Foundation Serum and found it to make my skin feel dry and it had a make up look whereas the original No Foundation Foundation makes my skin hydrated and leaves a look of wearing no foundation. While it does look good, I will not purchase it again and will stick to the original No Foundation Foundation.