Honored Contributor

Re: Perricone - Cocoa Moisture Mask

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@motherinlaw @Chi-town girl @ Montana @maestra

Okay, I broke down and bought it from his website. I received 10% off and also free shipping. Probably not as good a deal as QVC would give if they carried the same product. But I want to try it just in case it is a TSV or some kind of other good deal when Dana is on New Year's Eve.

Will report back here on my experience with it. Smiley Happy

@World Traveler - thx for the update! excited to read your future review.  hope you love it. pls also post any info you find about the TSV

@Chi-town girl You bet! I'll be sure to post my experience with the mask (should be here any day now) and also if I find any details about the TSV that will be at the end of the month, Smiley Happy

Edited to add: @Chi-town girl Just checked the shipping schedule. Supposed to be delivered Tuesday, December 6. I will have a review of it shortly thereafter. 

Honored Contributor

Perricone REVIEW - Cocoa Moisture Mask

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl @ Montana @maestra @motherinlaw

I received the new mask purchased on Perricone's website. Just finished using it and LOVE it! 

First of all, I am a chocoholic, and the smell reminds me of hot cocoa, so I really enjoyed the whole process of leaving it on my skin for 5-10 minutes. If you don't enjoy the smell of chocolate, then you probably won't like this. The cocoa smell lasts the whole time it is on your face.

Like his Chloro Plasma Purifying Mask, there are microcapsules that need to be released by massaging in a circular motion until they have all burst. I'm not really good about getting every last microcapsule broken down, but got most of them. Not good about get it all with the Chloro Plasma either.

The instructions suggest using the product together with Chloro Plasma to treat combination skin. The Chloro Plasma on your T-Zone to detoxify pores and Cocoa Moisture Mask on cheeks to hydrate dryer areas of the face. However, after I finish my jar of Chloro Plasma, I will just use the Cocoa mask. Don't need both.

It left my skin feeling really soft and smooth. I put my evening Perricone treatments on afterward and everything is just great. It was a nice experience.

Next time I will do it while soaking in the bathtub, with a candle lit, soft music on, and savoring a small piece of chocolate candy! Heart

I do hope that this is featured on the TSV on New Year's Eve; if not the TSV, then as a one-day-only.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perricone REVIEW - Cocoa Moisture Mask

@World Traveler

Sounds absolutely delicious!  From one chocolate lover to another, I'm vicariously enjoying this with you. Yum Yum.

Have you ever heard of Sanders? Maybe Saunders...a local confectionery from the Detroit area. Once hugely popular with their little restaurants and counters here and there. You can still buy their hot fudge topping in the grocery and costco carries their dark chocolate salted caramels that are to absolutely die for. Something you won't want to share! Oink! They were just on coupon. Check your costco, or have a friend do so if you don't belong. Great holiday gift for under ten bucks too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS Oh, I really love hot fudge sundaes! The best. There used to be Bob's Big Boy restaurantas (don't know if they still exist), and their hot fudge was the best. It was a little bitter, but so yummy!

I'll check it out the next time I'm in Costco. Have been avoiding it because of the holiday crowds there, but definitely right after the new year. Home made ice cream along with your hot fudge recommendation....sounds like something to really look forward to!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler - thx for the detailed review! I LOVE chocolate Heart 

Is the mask similar to a clay type mask that would dry firmly if left on longer than 20 min? What you've described is something I'm interested to try, so I will keep an eye out for your updates. 

And, I think a nice chocolate cocktail would be a great addition to the spa 'treatment'. Godiva chocolate liquor martini or an adult version of a Frozen Hot Chocolate - I've picked up the frozen hot choc powder packs that NYC Serendipity sells. Delish Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl Oh, I like how you think! A chocolate cocktail! Why didn't I think of that? ha!

The mask did not get hard. Although it looks like a clay mask because the white product turns brown on your face rather quickly, it did not crack when I went to take it off. It was easy to remove by wiping off with a wet towel. Or you can just rinse it off with your hands. Because it is moist and hydrating, it remained soft, but not runny.

If you get a chance, go to his website and check out the product. There is a 2-minute video showing it on a gal while she is relaxing. It will give you an idea of the texture and consistency.

Esteemed Contributor

20161206_225019-1.jpg
@Chi-town girl wrote:

@World Traveler - thx for the detailed review! I LOVE chocolate Heart 

Is the mask similar to a clay type mask that would dry firmly if left on longer than 20 min? What you've described is something I'm interested to try, so I will keep an eye out for your updates. 

And, I think a nice chocolate cocktail would be a great addition to the spa 'treatment'. Godiva chocolate liquor martini or an adult version of a Frozen Hot Chocolate - I've picked up the frozen hot choc powder packs that NYC Serendipity sells. Delish Heart

@Chi-town girl & @World Traveler

You two have got me going over here with the foody talk. Gotta share this...again at Costco, checking out, a man behind me had a case+ of something. Me, motor mouth naturally inquired. It was 1#+ jars of instant coconut flavored coffee. Long story short, I and the whole line bot some. It's delicious. Little puffs of sweet coconut bubbles float atop, very much like a latte. I added a tube of Starbucks instant coffee for an additional caffeine kick. I went back and bot 6 more! This sweet treat would bode well with a chocolate liquor, schnapps or both. Ho ho ho! Or even with a lil vodka as a cold libation. Really, really nicely flavored. Actually delicious and I don't particularly care for American made instant coffee. Again, if you're close to a costco check it out. My store has reduced it to 4.97 and I'm going back for more for fun gifts.  Sorry bout the cockamaney picture placement. Chi, I must get some lessons from y♡u. Cheers! 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS You're funny! Smiley LOL

You all have to stop talking this way 'cuz I just don't want to fight the crowds to go to Costco, but you're tempting me big time! ha!

Super Contributor

Speaking of Perricone, does anyone have any clue about the New Year's Eve TSV????

Thanks for the review on the new mask,

asltw

Respected Contributor

This Isn't about the Cocoa Mask but wanted to share ....

Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum $120.00 - BOGO Offer

Buy one Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum  and
Get the Second for Free.... Use code: Beauty12 

Offer valid through 12/08/16 at 11:59PM PST or while supplies

last. Valid online Perricone Md