Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's reviews on Isomers skincare

@lianne wrote:

It has always amazed me how so many people on these boards put so much stock in PBs opinions.  She hardly ever likes other's products but her own.  

I have never taken her opinion seriously and I believe her bias is to her own products now that she has a line.  Before she just trashed other's ingredients.

P.C. and her products have no appeal to me. The fact that she publishes industry reviews that impact buying decisions of products that compete with her own line is a CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Her process and 'research' is not flawless, it is biased and unreliable. Given her financial stake in her own competing business plus her #1 priority/commitment to her shareholders/investors, it casts a huge shadow of doubt and credibility to her "reviews".  

Totally understand the frustration of those that have sensitive skin and cannot use certain products or ingredients. The use of menthol is very wide spread & common in beauty. Don't most of WEN products contain menthol? It really leaves alot of customers unable to use WEN for that reason, while SKINN has a greater percentage of products that don't contain menthol. Why are some sooooo negative about SKINN for using menthol while WEN is a much greater "offender"? LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

Just curious, if you don't find PB's reviews credible, what sources do you use if any?

@Bella Carro I am guessing here but many probably don't use reviews- they go by how their skin reacts or looks from the products. This is fine but, as you know, there are long-term inflammation/damage that can be caused from some ingredients and should be avoided.

One thing I don't get is that people will read labels on food packaging and avoid certain ingredients that are bad for them even though the ingredient doesn't cause an instant, visible reaction/problem but they know they can cause long-term negative things like high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc yet with skincare they throw all caution to the wind? Boggles the mind. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@lianne wrote:

It has always amazed me how so many people on these boards put so much stock in PBs opinions.  She hardly ever likes other's products but her own.  

I have never taken her opinion seriously and I believe her bias is to her own products now that she has a line.  Before she just trashed other's ingredients.

P.C. and her products have no appeal to me. The fact that she publishes industry reviews that impact buying decisions of products that compete with her own line is a CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Her process and 'research' is not flawless, it is biased and unreliable. Given her financial stake in her own competing business plus her #1 priority/commitment to her shareholders/investors, it casts a huge shadow of doubt and credibility to her "reviews".  

Totally understand the frustration of those that have sensitive skin and cannot use certain products or ingredients. The use of menthol is very wide spread & common in beauty. Don't most of WEN products contain menthol? It really leaves alot of customers unable to use WEN for that reason, while SKINN has a greater percentage of products that don't contain menthol. Why are some sooooo negative about SKINN for using menthol while WEN is a much greater "offender"? LOL

Can I ask you to give some of the examples you have run across with it being biased and unreliable. Most of the information she uses to review products and the info she has on ingredients has come through research done by universities, journals, dermatological studies, pharmaceutical studies, etc... She isn't using research done by companies that produce or sell these ingredients as they would obviously be biased.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

It's called "personal choice"! Why do some people 'worry' or place judgment on others for buying decisions that have no impact on others? How much we spend. What sources we use or methodology for picking product a vs b. What brands or methods we choose. It's nobody's business but our own.

We are all free to 'throw caution' to the wind or elsewhere when making personal choices like cosmetics. Lucky to have an open market and free choice. Some of these statements are in a way bullying and certainly over dramatic. Lighten up!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

It's called "personal choice"! Why do some people 'worry' or place judgment on others for buying decisions that have no impact on others? How much we spend. What sources we use or methodology for picking product a vs b. What brands or methods we choose. It's nobody's business but our own.

We are all free to 'throw caution' to the wind or elsewhere when making personal choices like cosmetics. Lucky to have an open market and free choice. Some of these statements are in a way bullying and certainly over dramatic. Lighten up!!!

Actually most here are just having a civil conversation. I believe you are the only one who needs to lighten up. It is just a conversation. Relax.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is becoming confrontational

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@lianne wrote:

I can only speak to Skinn's Dermappeal to make a menthol comparison with Wen since I've personally used both.  Even if I had not the differences are very obvious and easily determined by simply comparing ingredient decks and realizing the purpose of both products.

Firstly, menthol is listed in the bottom of the ingredient deck on Wen Lavendar and is very likely less than 1% of the formula as are the EO's.  Dermappeal lists peppermint oil very high in the deck, top third.  Also added are papain and bromelain which are enzymatic exfoliants and can be skin irritants on their own. Along with these are the physical exfoliants and three forms of vitamin c.  Ever cut your finger and then get citrus juice in the cut?  Youch!  Same concept here.

Obviously, Wen is meant as a hair cleanser.  BTMS used in the product is a positively charged mild emulsifier/surfactant which conditions negatively charged hair and skin.  There are no exfoliants in Wen as it's meant to cleanse hair while Dermappeal has at least three exfoliants, a known skin irritant high in the deck (peppermint oil). So, if the exfoliants and peppermint haven't irritated skin one or all of the three forms of C may.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Actually most here are just having a civil conversation. I believe you are the only one who needs to lighten up. It is just a conversation. Relax.

LOL, you seem very concerned about others throwing caution to the wind-your words-b/c they don't abide by your concerns, methodology or beauty purchase choices. You also made a broad negative statement that others don't read labels or care about ingredient decks. Where's the proof and why do you care about what someone else buys?

It must be frustrating for you to have such high sensitivities and intolerances. It's not such a civil discussion when you to try to bully, shame or scare people for using products you can't or won't use. Guess I hit a nerve. Chill! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

LOL, you seem very concerned about others throwing caution to the wind-your words-b/c they don't abide by your concerns, methodology or beauty purchase choices. You also made a broad negative statement that others don't read labels or care about ingredient decks. Where's the proof and why do you care about what someone else buys?

It must be frustrating for you to have such high sensitivities and intolerances. It's not such a civil discussion when you to try to bully, shame or scare people for using products you can't or won't use. Guess I hit a nerve. Chill! 

actually you are the only bully here. You are constantly ignoring or being rude to anyone that says one negative thing about SKINN. It is okay, not everyone can like everything you like but you don't need to be rude to them because they don't think all things SKINN is perfect. I've had very nice conversations with many of the other SKINN ladies but you, you are just out of control. You really need to relax, it is just skincare. You are not defined by your skincare I hope. And I am not loyal to a particular brand- I focus on ingredients and couldn't care less what brand it is. I often recommend products I don't use so you are wrong there as well. If people don't care about ingredients that may be harmful or cause irritation, well, then that is there choice and they can skip over my posts anytime they want but you trying to bully or shame me into not discussing facts about products or ingredients isn't going to stop me from doing so because there are those that do care and  ARE interested in knowing about them.

That is all I have to say to you because your constant rants against me are just really out of control and irrational and I don't need to waste one single more second on addressing them. Rant away, as I know you always need the last word.

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@lianne wrote:

I can only speak to Skinn's Dermappeal to make a menthol comparison with Wen since I've personally used both.  Even if I had not the differences are very obvious and easily determined by simply comparing ingredient decks and realizing the purpose of both products.

Firstly, menthol is listed in the bottom of the ingredient deck on Wen Lavendar and is very likely less than 1% of the formula as are the EO's.  Dermappeal lists peppermint oil very high in the deck, top third.  Also added are papain and bromelain which are enzymatic exfoliants and can be skin irritants on their own. Along with these are the physical exfoliants and three forms of vitamin c.  Ever cut your finger and then get citrus juice in the cut?  Youch!  Same concept here.

Obviously, Wen is meant as a hair cleanser.  BTMS used in the product is a positively charged mild emulsifier/surfactant which conditions negatively charged hair and skin.  There are no exfoliants in Wen as it's meant to cleanse hair while Dermappeal has at least three exfoliants, a known skin irritant high in the deck (peppermint oil). So, if the exfoliants and peppermint haven't irritated skin one or all of the three forms of C may.

Ok-appreciate this info. But what about Tea Tree, isn't that the most popular & highest selling volume? Is menthol on the bottom of the deck? If menthol is such a problem for so many, why do most of the WEN products contain some form of menthol? Everything but the honey peach, correct? Given how selective Chaz is about ingredients and process,  there must be incredible benefits to his use of menthol so widely & consistently in his product line. 

It seems that those intolerant to menthol avoid it all all costs, regardless of the position on the ingredient deck, or the brand or spokesperson or cost.

It's well known DermAppeal is not for everyone due to the menthol. I happen to be fortunate to have beautiful skin and no allergy or sensitivity issues. I love DermAppeal.  Love to experiment with different products and brands. Yes, I do read labels and read reviews. But at the end of the day, it's my personal choice. And I try to not tell anyone what to buy or use, nor disparage their choices.