Honored Contributor

Paula's choice friends and family..and so it begins...

So it is going on now. 15% off, no free ship except on orders over $50. Kind of disappointing. As long term users know, her sales used to be so much better-at least 20-30% off. So to have a f&f only be 15% is a bit of a bummer and perhaps a sign of things to come. I mean, now you can't even use most of the really good coupon codes at Dermstore or beauty.com for her things and that was never the case before. I still love her products and glad they haven't changed and still think the prices are reasonable but increased prices and lower discounts doesn't  make me too happy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Paula's choice friends and family..and so it begins...

I needed a Skin Recovery Moisturizer so I was actually pleasantly surprised when I went to order it this morning.
Respected Contributor

ITA, HD. When I saw this thread, and it said F&F, I thought 25-30%. Humph. Oh well, I'll wait til another better coupon comes along, if it ever does. Lol!

Trusted Contributor

I was so looking forward to the F & F event..... I too will wait for a better "sale". I cross my fingers that this is not the new wave for PC sales.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful, but 15% is not really a sale to me, especially for a friends and family type of sale.  25% (and up) is a decent sale to me.  She's had a couple good sales that stick out in my mind.  40% off something, I can't remember what it was, but I think it was one particular product that I used and I was really excited about that.  She also had a sale a few months ago for buy 1, get 1 sunscreen.  That was a fabulous deal.  I only bought 1 and now I wish I bought the maximum of 3 because the price increased from 25 dollars to 32 dollars between then and now.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful, but 15% is not really a sale to me, especially for a friends and family type of sale.  25% (and up) is a decent sale to me.  She's had a couple good sales that stick out in my mind.  40% off something, I can't remember what it was, but I think it was one particular product that I used and I was really excited about that.  She also had a sale a few months ago for buy 1, get 1 sunscreen.  That was a fabulous deal.  I only bought 1 and now I wish I bought the maximum of 3 because the price increased from 25 dollars to 32 dollars between then and now.

Agreed! That sunscreen sale was awesome! As long as she continues to occasionally give us really good sales like that, I will still be really happy but those types of sales and the really good % off sales are becoming more far and few between so it worries me a bit.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am very disappointed in the prices of her new products and increase in the old ones. While the products are not outrageously expensive, over times it adds up. For example a 2 week trail of 4 products is $39.00. I don't think so. If I can get the hydrating mask on a good sale this winter I will buy it, but other than that, no more Paula's Choice for me.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you all. 15% no longer seems like a great deal especially if they are calling it Friends and Family Sale. On the other hand, it helps me to avoid buying during this sale since I don't really need anything. If it was a stellar sale, I would feel the need to buy buy buy! LOL
Respected Contributor

I was in need of a Skin Recovery Mousturizer and was intending to buy it, sale or not. So the fact that it happened to be 15% off was a bonus for me. Prestige brands rarely go on sale (think makeup counter products.) PC is reasonably priced (in my opinion,) quality skincare. Any discount is appreciated.
Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:
I agree with you all. 15% no longer seems like a great deal especially if they are calling it Friends and Family Sale. On the other hand, it helps me to avoid buying during this sale since I don't really need anything. If it was a stellar sale, I would feel the need to buy buy buy! LOL

Yeah, she will have better sales than this as long as you are patient. Smiley Wink There is a 20% coupon code out there and also a 20% off one item with free shipping coupon code. But isn't it odd that there are better coupon codes than her F&F sale?? lol