Valued Contributor

Paula's TSV - what age is this for?

So, I already placed my order last night before the TSV hit. After watching one of the presentations - they seem to REALLY be stressing how it is for women in their 50s+. I'm only in my 30s. Is this not really for my age? Or are they just saying that assuming that is who is watching? Now I'm wondering if this isn't really appropriate for me.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Paula's TSV - what age is this for?

@ctinaw wrote:

So, I already placed my order last night before the TSV hit. After watching one of the presentations - they seem to REALLY be stressing how it is for women in their 50s+. I'm only in my 30s. Is this not really for my age? Or are they just saying that assuming that is who is watching? Now I'm wondering if this isn't really appropriate for me.

It seems they're not being entirely consistent from presentation to presentation. This kit is good for everyone of all ages. The percentage of retinol in the 2 products is more of a maintenance amount. It's low enough that it shouldn't cause irritation if used on a daily basis. And the 2% BHA liquid is great for everyone. It exfoliates and clears out pores and evens out your skin tone. Everyone can benefit by that. You should do great with this TSV. You're at the perfect age to start adding a retinol to your daily regime.

Contributor

I'm 46 and have been using the BHA for years. My two teens use it every night as their toner too and it keeps their skin nice and clear. We go through that stuff at a scary expensive pace so I snatched this up on AD the second I saw it in the Insider. I'm new to retinol but have been using the serum and a little of the moisturer (I'm only) every night and I honestly do see better skin. The little wrinkles between my brows that were starting to bug me have all but disappeared and the beginnings of crows feet have been seriously dimished. I want to age naturally and gracefull but if I can put off just a wee bit longer, I'm all for it Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@ctinaw I'm in my mid 30s and really like Paula's Choice. I have LOTS of her products and my pre-ordered TSV arrived today. It's never too early....
Honored Contributor

I dint really feel skincare is necessarily about age but the condition and needs of your skin. some women in their 20's and 30's have worse skin than those in their 40's and 50's and vice versa.

I'd say look into what these products address or help prevent and if these are needs and concerns of yours, they are for you.

Trusted Contributor

I'm 39 and have been using Paula's Choice products for probably about 5 years now, maybe a little more.  I've been using the Clear line for acne for a few years now.  I'm getting the TSV as a replacement for my Clear BHA.  I use it every morning.  

At night, I rotate the retinol moisturizer from the TSV and the Resist 5% AHA moisturizer (not in the TSV).

I probably won't like the retinol serum from the TSV kit because I prefer water-based serums, but even so, it's still a good deal.  

I don't think you're too young to start using this kit.  You must wear a sunscreen if you're using retinol.  I would recommend you introduce your products slowly and maybe not use them every day at first, just to make sure your skin does OK with them (unless you use a lot of skincare already and know your skin can tolerate them).  I hope you love your products! 

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

Yes, it works for any age, I think.

BHA is fantastic for anyone from the teenage acne years to the adult acne years and beyond. Salicylic acid was one of the very best products for my acne when I was in my late teens and 20s and still keeps my skin clear and smooth today at 46.

I used Retin-A as a teenager for acne, but doctors also prescribe it for wrinkles later in life. Many people recommend starting Retinol (Retin-A Lite) in their 30s. You shouldn't use retinoids of either type if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, but otherwise you should be A-OK.

Use the retinol and night and follow up with the moisturizer. Retinoids can be drying, so build up to using it every night. If that Moisture Barrier isnt enough for you, you can add a heavier moisturizer or pat a skin oil over the top of the moisturizer. (Or mix it into the moisturizer, which also works.)

Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 give the serum a try. Yes, it's a little thicker and feels a little oily going on, but within 3-4 minutes of applying a thin layer, it completely absorbs and is undetectable to the touch.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

honestly wish I had began her products in my 20s. It would have saved me a lot of money and skin products fails. Paula stresses your age doesn't really matter when it comes to products, your skin care concerns is what you should treat and not your age. If it works you don't need to switch up either. QVC hosts keep saying 50+ but Paula creates her products to be for all ages.

Trusted Contributor

@Rachb  My kit was supposed to arrive on Thursday, but it surprisingly came today!  I tried the serum on the back of my hand and at first I hated it.  It's been about 20 or so minutes and it has sunk into my skin.  I don't think I will ever love the serum, but it may be tolerable to me.  I have to make sure I don't use too much.  Thank you for your message.  Smiley Happy

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*