Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice Sunscreen Expiration Dates

I got an email about Paula's Choice sunscreen sale this weekend.  A yearly Buy One Get One Free sale to stock up on sunscreen products.  

I use her Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30.  I love this product and was looking forward to stocking up.  I called customer service about the expiration dates so I knew how many to buy and the expiration date is 9/16.  

I was very disappointed by this and will not be able to stock up like I had hoped.  Just wanted to pass this info along in case anyone else loves this product and wanted to stock up.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Sunscreen Expiration Dates

Thank you! I was just about to take advantage of the bogo and stock up. But 4 months doesn't really help.
Trusted Contributor

@Rachb  I just want to be clear that not all the sunscreen products have that expiration date.  You can check the expiration of the product you're interested in by going to Paula's Choice website, clicking on help center, typing 'expiration' in the search box and clicking Expiration Dates.  All the sunscreens listed have different expiration dates.  

Respected Contributor

Wow, I never knew you could check the dates online. Sorry yours expires so soon, although at least you know before purchasing. Last year if I recall correctly, this sale was just for the body sunscreen and I stocked up. I purchased four tubes of my facial sunscreen yesterday, knowing that the one I recently purchased doesn't expire until 2018. And sure enough, the online chart shows March 2018. I have an almost full tube of your Super Light I wish I could send to you, LOL. It didn't work for me.

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal Which is your favorite sunscreen that you got 4 tubes of?

Trusted Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Wow, I never knew you could check the dates online. Sorry yours expires so soon, although at least you know before purchasing. Last year if I recall correctly, this sale was just for the body sunscreen and I stocked up. I purchased four tubes of my facial sunscreen yesterday, knowing that the one I recently purchased doesn't expire until 2018. And sure enough, the online chart shows March 2018. I have an almost full tube of your Super Light I wish I could send to you, LOL. It didn't work for me.

@tucsongal  You are so sweet!  I actually just opened a new tube today.  It expired in March (sigh), but I'm not going to throw it away.  Hopefully, it will be OK for a couple months.  My mom uses it too and she and I decided we will split a Buy 1, Get 1 order so we will each get one tube.  Which stinks because I was going to order 2 tubes to get 4 tubes total (just for me), so they're really losing money by having this short of an expiration date.  Of course, I will have to decide later on if I want to pay full price, so they may end up gaining some money!  Smiley LOL

I never knew about that chart either, it's what the customer service rep told me.  I thought it was really cool!

Respected Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

----------------

I like the Resist Cellular Defense spf 25.  My favorite Olay sunscreen changed last year and I don't like the other drugstore types I've tried, so I ordered several different PC samples. This one was so thick that I dismissed it out of hand, but tried it again when I didn't like the others. It's very moisturizing and you need just a small amount.

Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

@tucsongal  You are so sweet!  I actually just opened a new tube today.  It expired in March (sigh), but I'm not going to throw it away.  Hopefully, it will be OK for a couple months.  My mom uses it too and she and I decided we will split a Buy 1, Get 1 order so we will each get one tube.  Which stinks because I was going to order 2 tubes to get 4 tubes total (just for me), so they're really losing money by having this short of an expiration date.  Of course, I will have to decide later on if I want to pay full price, so they may end up gaining some money!  Smiley LOL

I never knew about that chart either, it's what the customer service rep told me.  I thought it was really cool!

----------------

I suspect you're fine using product that's a bit past the expiration date. You can always find PC on sale somewhere--I don't think I've ever paid full price. Beauty.com has a sale now.  

Respected Contributor

Not all of Paula's sunscreen are BOGO.  It's the ones with short expiration dates and some are being discontinued.

The one I want isn't on sale.  Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

----------------

I like the Resist Cellular Defense spf 25.  My favorite Olay sunscreen changed last year and I don't like the other drugstore types I've tried, so I ordered several different PC samples. This one was so thick that I dismissed it out of hand, but tried it again when I didn't like the others. It's very moisturizing and you need just a small amount.

Thanks @tucsongal.  I just received a sample of this as well as the new Calm Redness Relief spf 30 so will give them a try.