Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Can you use other products with this?  I normally use Strivectin.

Can this be used under the BHA?  

Honored Contributor

@acat wrote:

@acat  Product compatibitliy depends on the ingredients.  You'd have to be a label reader to compare them and see.  Also do some research to see what can or shouldn't be used together.  For instance, AHA's and BHA's shouldn't be used at the same time as Retin-A  or Retinol and Copper Peptides shouldn't be used at the same time Vitamin C.  If you find that the products are compatible, you would apply them thinnest to thickest so the PC 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant would likely go on first.  After it dries, follow up with your remaining treatment products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only used this product for about a week now and really love it! I use it in the a.m. after my cleansing and toner than top it with an spf moisturizers. I put a few drops in my hand then pat it on, almost pressing it into my skin. I think a cotton pad would absorb too much.  My skin is soft and so smoothe and no irritation either. I do have sensitive skin and I'm 61 with normally very good skin that has few lines or wrinkles, but very dry. I bought this over the weekend when Paula was on Leahs Sat show. It is a little tacky as it is drying but then I put on my moisturizer and it's fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@acat wrote:

@acatBHA would go FIRST, right after cleansing. It helps to exfoliate the skin, cleaning out pores, etc so you use it first. Exfoliaing first, before other products, helps the other products you use penetrate/absorb better.

I don't know what ingredients are in your other products so I can't say they are compatible with BHA or not but I just wanted to make sure to point out BHA first, regardless of what other products you want to use.

Occasional Contributor

There used to be a spray nozzle avaiable on the Paula's Choice website that specifically fit in the 4 oz. bottles, but I don't see it anymore. That is what I use, and it is perfect to get a light misting of the BHA liquid.

Maybe you could try to find one that fits in the bottle or decant into a bottle with a sprayer.

(Also, this stuff is fantastic for ingrown hairs on your bikini line.)