Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 wrote:

I use this 2% BHA lately for all skin types. I think it works better then an AHA and read that it does help more for collagen building. I do worry about my fair skin and use a 50 SPF daily lots of it! and a 30 if doing hardly anything outside and always a mineral ss with this...it's so vital when we use this.
I was wondering though if anyone else here feels it's a bit tackyvon the skin afterwards? like a residue on the skin? I don't like that feeling and wondered if some ingredient in it does this? like glycerin perhaps? b/c it broke me out a bit on my forehead a few times (I never break out) BTW I'm 58 - however after hour or so the tacky feeling does go away but not always. I think on my dry skin it may not work as well as her combo/oily liquid. I wonder if it's just me as there's no mention of this on boards or reviews of a tacky feeling residue. TY

A few of her BHA products do feel a bit tacky, especially if I use a bit too muh. The gel is the worst in that regards, at least for me. The regular 2% bha does sometimes too but usually when I used too much (you only need a little). Others, incuding me, have mentioned this before. I have since switched to the 2% BHA antiredness in the CLEAR line and like that one the best these days- I've never had that tacky feeling with that one as the consistency is more like water. Several others have started using this one too and agree that it has the lightest feel on the skin. I have dry skin, if that helps.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze

I am not finished with the bottle yet, but I am moving through it at a pretty good clip. I think perhaps that I am using too much. I  pour it out into the palm of my hand until it pooled there and then rub it all over my face like a moisturizer. I thought that you were supposed to be able to see the wetness/liquid on your face.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@HappyDaze

I am not finished with the bottle yet, but I am moving through it at a pretty good clip. I think perhaps that I am using too much. I  pour it out into the palm of my hand until it pooled there and then rub it all over my face like a moisturizer. I thought that you were supposed to be able to see the wetness/liquid on your face.

wow yeah that seems like a bit too much. I had never heard that you are suppose to be able to see the wetness from the liquid on your face. Maybe just try less and see? And I might have misspoke, I think my moisture boost lasted 6 months and BHA lasts more like 4-5 months. Can't remember which did  what at the moment, lol. Regardless, it lasts quite a bit for me. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze

I have only seen one presentation and that was on one of the beauty shows with Sandra. When Paula B. was demonstrating it she used the top of her hand, she poured some out on a cotton swab and rubbed it in. I could see the liquid so I just made the assumption that you were supposed to be able to see it on your face.

After reading all of the posts on this thread It seems as if I am using way too much. I will start using less.

Trusted Contributor

I use 3-4 drops in the palm of my hand, then rub on my face I focus on my t-zone because that is where my pores are visible.  I feel like I've barely made a dent in 2 months.  It still feels pretty full - maybe 80-85%left?  I feel like it is a good value.  But if it made my skin burn or rashy, I would certainly discontinue.  It agrees with my skin.  

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

I use this 2% BHA lately for all skin types. I think it works better then an AHA and read that it does help more for collagen building. I do worry about my fair skin and use a 50 SPF daily lots of it! and a 30 if doing hardly anything outside and always a mineral ss with this...it's so vital when we use this.
I was wondering though if anyone else here feels it's a bit tackyvon the skin afterwards? like a residue on the skin? I don't like that feeling and wondered if some ingredient in it does this? like glycerin perhaps? b/c it broke me out a bit on my forehead a few times (I never break out) BTW I'm 58 - however after hour or so the tacky feeling does go away but not always. I think on my dry skin it may not work as well as her combo/oily liquid. I wonder if it's just me as there's no mention of this on boards or reviews of a tacky feeling residue. TY

A few of her BHA products do feel a bit tacky, especially if I use a bit too muh. The gel is the worst in that regards, at least for me. The regular 2% bha does sometimes too but usually when I used too much (you only need a little). Others, incuding me, have mentioned this before. I have since switched to the 2% BHA antiredness in the CLEAR line and like that one the best these days- I've never had that tacky feeling with that one as the consistency is more like water. Several others have started using this one too and agree that it has the lightest feel on the skin. I have dry skin, if that helps.

@HappyDaze...just checking in now, ty for your reply, I will get a sample of this one you mention. I just used her bha 2% all skin types as said and it's been over an hour and it kind of smells like petroleum Smiley Tongue and of course tacky. I just don't care for it anymore - sadly I have 2 backups. If I take a shower my hair can stick to my face (just a few hairs lol but still -yuk) and I do not use much.. But good to know it's just not me. Off to her site..one good thing is this does bring up to teh surface any small whiteheads hiding..which is always a very good thing. ty

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@mimi5775, maybe you said elsewhere, but which type are you using? I use the 2% liquid and have never felt that it was tacky. I don't even notice it once I put it on, but then, I also don't apply anything else to my skin for at least 15 minutes, usually 30.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Let's try this again. I wrote a long response and it just disappeared.

I have been using the product for about three weeks. I noticed the first time that I applied it that I had a stinging almost burning sensation on my face. I understood than that it would be too strong for my skin so I  only apply once a day, at night.

I never experienced the soft skin that so many reviewers have mentioned but I would say that my pores on my cheeks have improved, and I had three frown lines on my forehead and only one of them is as noticeable to me.

I am not sure that I would repurchase. It's $28.00 for 4 oz. and the consistency is so thin that it get's used up quickly. If they make this in a SS, to make it more economically friendly than I would be all in for another purchase. If not, than I am highly doubtful.

I've never had mine get used up quickly. My bottles of the2% BHA always last many months. If you feel the liquid goes too quickly, you might prefer the lotion or gel version. I switched the to lotion somewhere in the middle of my second bottle of the liquid. I use the lotion for my whole face and save the liquid for spot application on blemishes. I use a finger or a cotton bud to grab some liquid and then apply it directly to a pimple and it clears them up quickly.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@mimi5775, maybe you said elsewhere, but which type are you using? I use the 2% liquid and have never felt that it was tacky. I don't even notice it once I put it on, but then, I also don't apply anything else to my skin for at least 15 minutes, usually 30.

@suzyQ3 Hey Smiley Happy  okay, I have the BHA 2% all skin types lotion...I apply  afew drops on a cotton pad (use the Shiseido cotton ones) I love them and you can see how much you use on them, no I don't use much at all and it feels tacky, even way after 30 minutes. My skin is dry so it's good it doesn't dry it out like maybe other bha's. I am this a BHA now as much has been said over the past few years about it working verygood  for anti-aging even better then aha's. But I've always used an AHA a few times a week...till now.

I bought her non aha bha toner the other day....Resist something (sorry tired) and will just to remove any residual post oil cleansing...will sample the one mentioned by another nice poster...samples are the only way to go! PS: I do not apply anything at all on my face until bed...so this liquid bha by PC stays tacky.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

Although my skin can be sensitive to new products, I took a chance on this and have been very pleased.  

Here is how I apply--I am left-handed.   I put 4 drops on the BACK of my right hand and use my left hand to apply to my face and neck.  Then I rub the BACK of my left hand across the BACK of my right hand to take advantage of any residual exfolliant.  Two for the price of one!

I do find this is a product where less IS more.  Too much can result in the product leaving a tacky feeling.