Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice Resist Retinol Serum texture?

Has anyone used this product before?  It's the one that's in the upcoming TSV.  I haven't liked any of Paula's serums because I prefer more water-based serums like Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough serum.  I just don't like how the silicone-based serums feel on my skin.  I ordered the TSV yesterday and am prepared to not like the serum (it's still a good deal even if I don't like it), but I was just wondering what the texture was.  Thanks for any info.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Valued Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Resist Retinol Serum texture?

It is something like Dr. Denese Hydroshield.  HTH

No thought is worth thinking.....
Trusted Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Has anyone used this product before?  It's the one that's in the upcoming TSV.  I haven't liked any of Paula's serums because I prefer more water-based serums like Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough serum.  I just don't like how the silicone-based serums feel on my skin.  I ordered the TSV yesterday and am prepared to not like the serum (it's still a good deal even if I don't like it), but I was just wondering what the texture was.  Thanks for any info.

I'm glad that you are prepared....it feels like silicone, pure dimethicone.  I have used it a few times on my forehead but I can't really chance using it on my face because dimethicone gives me grief.  It does not feel like WHINE serum.  The moisturizer is awesome - silicone free and gently moisturizes.

(I knew that I probably wouldn't like the serum, but was fine for the price using on my chest and arms this round...next shipment hits eBay lol)

Honored Contributor

I used it for quite some time and liked it, but yes, it is a silicone-based serum. I moved on only because I wanted a stronger retinol product. I'm now using her retinol booster combined with her Skin Recovery moisturizer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

It feels like a thick, greasy coating of silicone that is suffocating your skin. I bought two bottles but couldn't even get through half of the first because I just don't like that feeling on my skin. I always got little white bumps when I used it as well.

Respected Contributor

I don't have a problem with dimethicone , but it is really greasy going on and takes awhile to soak in. Her antioxiodant serum is like glue going on , i see no reason this could not be more silky and still be effective. She has great products but they are either so thick or like water.

Super Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I don't have a problem with dimethicone , but it is really greasy going on and takes awhile to soak in. Her antioxiodant serum is like glue going on , i see no reason this could not be more silky and still be effective. She has great products but they are either so thick or like water.

The antioxidant serum is very silky. 

Honored Contributor

I am a fan of many PC's products but not so much her serums. Almost all of them are too slick feeling for my liking, much like Laura Geller's spackle feels. I am not against silicones in general but I don't like super slick feeling products on my face. The only serum of hers I like that don't feel this way is the Redness Relief repair serum and the Skin firming line minimizer.

Honored Contributor

I use and love her Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. I use it sort of like a primer. It is water-based but does some -cones.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland