Respected Contributor

Paula's Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster

If you've used this, how and what have your results been? How do incorporate it into your regimen with BHA and retinol? Is it drying? Do you have to start slow like retinol and build up frequency over time?
Regular Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster

I've been using it consistently for about a week.  I haven't had any sensitivity at all.  I know some have said they have had flushing, but I haven't had that at all.  I have been using it at night after toner and BHA.  I've also used it over the PC retinol that was in the TSV yesterday.  I have combination skin that is not sensitive.  I have not found it drying and I did not have to build up to using it every night.

I have been very pleased with the results.  It sounds crazy, but I noticed a difference in pore size very quickly.  When Paula says it helps with pore size, she's not kidding!  I know I will repurchase this.

Trusted Contributor

Just got it a few days ago. Not sure if I'm doing it correctly by adding it to my isomers copper P and applying.

No reaction but also no visible change yet if I will even have one. 

I have terrible skin. Large pores. I've improved it some with all I do but still lousy  skin...just not as lousy.

Hope by the time I get down to the bottom I'll see improvement and if not, I won't reorder.

Respected Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
If you've used this, how and what have your results been? How do incorporate it into your regimen with BHA and retinol? Is it drying? Do you have to start slow like retinol and build up frequency over time?

-------

I started a thread about this a couple of weeks ago, but the search feature here is usually so bad I don't know if you could find it. I have been very impressed with this and saw almost immediate improvement in pore size on my nose. I go full throttle on her targeted treatments and apply six drops directly to my face, at least 20 minutes after using the BHA liquid at night. 

Valued Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

Just got it a few days ago. Not sure if I'm doing it correctly by adding it to my isomers copper P and applying.

No reaction but also no visible change yet if I will even have one. 

I have terrible skin. Large pores. I've improved it some with all I do but still lousy  skin...just not as lousy.

Hope by the time I get down to the bottom I'll see improvement and if not, I won't reorder.

Hi Sadie,

Maybe try a few days using it after your copper (separately). Or even try it without using the copper at all. See if that gives you some improvement.

Just a thought.

Best wishes for improvement.

I haven't tried the niacinamide, but just using PC 2% BHA and PC 1% retinol I've seen more improvement that with any other products.

Super Contributor

Just ordered my Niacinamide booster. Can't wait to get it. The BHA has cleaned out my pores really well. Now it's to shrink them....
Respected Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
Just ordered my Niacinamide booster. Can't wait to get it. The BHA has cleaned out my pores really well. Now it's to shrink them....

I'm impressed with the 2% BHA too, my pores look better than they ever have and I've only been using it since Friday when I received the TSV.

I ordered the Niacinamide Booster from Paula's website on Monday and it still hasn't shipped... hope yours ships quicker than mine...

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:

@StillRachB I ordered the Niacinamide booster from Paula's website on Monday but it hasn't shipped yet, I can't wait to get it either. Her BHA is really cleaning out my pores too and I just started using it on Friday when I received the TSV. 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Super Contributor

@Tennessee Vol let's be sure to keep each other posted to compare progress.
Honored Contributor

@StillRachB what happened to your original nick?