Valued Contributor

Paula Begoun New Book Coming Soon!

Paula's Choice fans-I just saw on her Facebook that later this year she will be coming out with a new book, The Best Skin Care of Your Life Starts Here. I'm a fan of her Beauty Bible and Cosmetics Counter books so I will be getting this. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Respected Contributor

Re: Paula Begoun New Book Coming Soon!

I'm not interested.  Have been losing faith in Paula and I've been a fan since the beginning. 

I can't imagine what the book states that I don't already know or can find on the internet.  

Esteemed Contributor

She reviews products regularly on her website Beautypedia so I see no reason to buy her books anymore.  The way cosmetic products come and go a such a rapid pace, and the ones which stick around change formulation, the books are outdated within six months and certainly after a year.  

Respected Contributor

I agree there's no reason to buy her book. I'd rather read un-biased reviews. At one time I thought her info was fair, but it's just a way to promote her own products. She has a full page add in the new Allure and it shows a Q logo.  I guess she's going to sell here as well?   Guess she's getting rich, I'm just not adding to her pocket.

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I agree there's no reason to buy her book. I'd rather read un-biased reviews. At one time I thought her info was fair, but it's just a way to promote her own products. She has a full page add in the new Allure and it shows a Q logo.  I guess she's going to sell here as well?   Guess she's getting rich, I'm just not adding to her pocket.

Yes, I saw Paula on QVC. She was presenting her BHA.

Trusted Contributor

I've been a fan of Paula's since 1995, but am upset that the prices have gone up so much.  Her BHA & AHA skin lightening product used to be 2 ounces, now it's only 1 ounce and it costs more money.  I only purchase the basic products I need that I can't find elsewhere, the BHA and her serums.  I loved when her cleansers were in a pump bottle -- they lasted so much longer.  So now I reply on Beautypedia for recommendations.  Yep, she sold out her company!!

Valued Contributor

I don't think this is a book of reviews, that's what she's created Beautypedia for. It's probably going to be about skincare and any new info that has been researched since her Beauty Bible book. I'm a skincare junkie and love to read books on the subject. I'm sure it's boring for some but not for me. I have Dr. Perricone, Dr. Denese, Dr. Bauman and some others in my library.

Respected Contributor

i'm going to take a look at it and see what she has to say.  it is possible she's going in a different direction and maybe offering a different perspective that might be interesting. we'll see.  i was surprised when i saw her on the q.  she's had so much work done.  i know it's not from any products, that's for sure. 

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

She's been selling on the Q for a few months now.

I have no interest at all in the book because I don't read that type of stuff.

I love and will continue to use the products that I like from her brand. I have no problem with her or whoever is in charge deciding to expand to more markets. It doesn't affect me as long as the quality of my products and CS remain stellar.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I'[ll buy her new book when it's available. I have bought all of her beauty books in the past and I was a CCU newsletter and a beautypedia subscriber when they were paid subscriptions. I've been a fan since her first beauty book "Blue Eyeshadow Should be Illegal". It does kind of make me sad though now that her company has been sold and she's no longer the head that it just seems to be a lot more about the money given the price increases on her products.