Regular Contributor

I have recently discovered the website "Killer Strands" on Pinterest, and am seriously tempted to try the rose gold trend. I was originally exploring going gray (which I am underneath the medium blonde I dye it), but the rose gold thing appealed to me, even though I hate all the purple, green, blue, etc..... I'm of a "certain age" after all Smiley Happy 

Has anyone tried her Boost and Burst products?

Honored Contributor

Re: Pastel hair color anyone?

My daughter just downloaded a website (app) where you download your picture and you can 'paste' on it different haircolors and different colors of hair.

It is really funny.  She's 35 and one of the haircolors and styles she sent me looks just like me when I was 35.  Really makes you realize about how amazing the body is and about genes.

I think of a person wants to color their hair if it doesn't affect their job or their marriage (Ha) they should do it.

You know I'll be 70 this year.  That really makes you stop and think about your life.  It's short.  I have very few what if's but I think I'm lucky.

Try to prevent as many 'what if's' as you can by the time you're really old.

That's my advice to you.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mysticmom wrote:

I have recently discovered the website "Killer Strands" on Pinterest, and am seriously tempted to try the rose gold trend. I was originally exploring going gray (which I am underneath the medium blonde I dye it), but the rose gold thing appealed to me, even though I hate all the purple, green, blue, etc..... I'm of a "certain age" after all Smiley Happy 

Has anyone tried her Boost and Burst products?

Just for fun... Did you know you can tint your hair with KoolAid?  You mix the unsweetened powder with a little bit of water and conditioner to make a paste and apply.... Rinse out in 5 minutes to a couple of hours depending on the color desired. DO NOT shampoo it out, just rinse with water.

You can wrap your hair in plastic wrap to keep it from dripping and staining.  Wear gloves too. It will last through a few shampoos.  Sometimes only one shampoo will wash it out if the color is not dark.

It works great to do a stripe or two or just the ends of your hair for the ombré look if you don't want to do it all.

This method is safe for kids hair too.

You might need more than  one package of KoolAId.... 3-6 depending on hair length.  If your hair is damaged or chemically treated, it might take longer for the color to wash out and fade completely. Use toothpaste to remove the color if it gets on your skin.

Regular Contributor

Thanks! Good advice, and I was thinking to look for one of those websites that let you test the color on your photo. We'll see. If I do it maybe you'll see me on pinterest 😊
Honored Contributor

@Mysticmom  Have you seen the commercial that has the two women who appear to be in the 50s-60s out shopping and they run into a (teenaged) girl with blue streaks in her hair?  It's very cute.  The ladies stop into the pharmacy where one of them is picking up a prescription for herself.  The other one finds hair color kits and buys two of them.

Later they show up all gussied up at their (40th) HS reunion with their blue streaked hair.  Next yo see them dancing  up a storm on the dance floor having one whale of a good time!!!  Love this ad!!!

So Ms Mom - be a little MYSTIC and have FUN! 

Respected Contributor

I think this is for the younger girls - but I did hear it is "out" this year. 

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I think that too, but I have to tell you, I was tempted to do it with a temporary color.  I'm glad I came to my senses.  I already color red, so that's enough, and I would hate to think people are pointing at me and saying, look at that old lady nut job.  LOL  I'll file this subject with that other post here talking about the different color finger nails.  I'll let the teenagers have that one too. 

Regular Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I think that too, but I have to tell you, I was tempted to do it with a temporary color.  I'm glad I came to my senses.  I already color red, so that's enough, and I would hate to think people are pointing at me and saying, look at that old lady nut job.  LOL  I'll file this subject with that other post here talking about the different color finger nails.  I'll let the teenagers have that one too. 

I hear you. But the rose gold is almost a natural shade, just a bit "pastel", so that's what appealed to me. I would go very subtle, maybe just do streaks. The Boost and Burst are true semi-permanent colors so you can wash them out with regular sulfate shampoo 😌

Honored Contributor

"I'm too old for it", is just stupid. You presumably only get one life, live it with no regrets. If you want the color, get it. It's only hair and it's not like you can't color over it later. Changing your hair color isn't going to change your intelligence or morals. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Mysticmom wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I hear you. But the rose gold is almost a natural shade, just a bit "pastel", so that's what appealed to me. I would go very subtle, maybe just do streaks. The Boost and Burst are true semi-permanent colors so you can wash them out with regular sulfate shampoo 😌

Mystic, go for it.  I have silver hair and refuse to color anymore, but I have been looking at the light pastel hair colors and I think I might try it this summer.  The color will wash out, so it will be a temporary fun thing to do.  

I'm with ya.