Honored Contributor

Re: Paging SuzyQ3 re Curly Hair Clips

I have longer (past shoulders) ,fine, curly, frizzy hair that is gray, but I "encourage" it to remain bright Garnet red. It takes so much "encouragement" these days, my hair has become a full time job! Seriously. Up until menopause and radiation I had thick, fine wavy hair with shine and NO frizz. I think I have had follicle changes. Some hair is fine, some coarser, some gray some not.

I have the odd curls. If I have a perfect hair day, with coaxing and a few hours time it has ringlets and slightly frizzy halo in back. I do use the Deva method and some Deva products. I also use WEN, then DEVA gels and conditioners. It looks ggod for 2 days, then I work with all week. I do not wash as often I used to as it is dry, and it becomes wilder.

I use DEVA clips on top. I bought some clips from a curly hair sight and I hate them. They are probably meant for really long, heavy hair. They are black, about 2 inches, and sort of bent looking. Anyway, some curly girls raved about them, so I tried them. They tangle my hair. I do like the DEVA clips, they are a ridiculous price as are all their products. But they work. I tried another kind, and they were just regular clips like we use to use for curlers, they didn't work for me either.