Super Contributor
On 2/16/2014 bljed said:

Saw a swatch/review online that described Antigua as pink/peach and I think thats the way it reads on me and why it looks a little off. Might be lighting as well. I'd like to get a nice baby pink polish. Will check Essie as I like that brand. Good for you getting out. I take the dog out but its not really enough. So blustery this morning. Having trouble getting rid of sore throat-end of cold I suppose.

--Probably why the Pink Apricot shimmer lipstick looks so nice with it.

I'm not holding my breath but I think its worth checking out. Many base type products seem to look like paste on my skin. I have yet to find anything truly hydrating looking that is the right shade and physical spf only. PC has a couple of possible options but I hate to order that type of product without seeing it first.

--It's worth a try. I would try it if I had an Ulta near me. The hassle of returning to QVC is the reason I won't try anything else.

Perhaps you have a neutral skin tone? Some people have that. If you were olive before I would think you are warmer rather than cooler. I think you wear a lot of warmer blush and lipstick shades. You might look good in some cooler shades if they are not super cool? When I go off and buy what looks nice in the store I tend to mess up. I used to be more attracted to deeper tones. I really don't like super cool shades these days-believe that is because my hair color is not the same as when I was younger.

--That's what I think the SA thought and that is why she recommended the ready compact she did but it doesn't look good on me until I warm it up with bronzer. lol

--I do look better in warmer shades and cool shades if they are pink only. Cool greys and blues don't look good on me.

---I am still working on tossing deep/darker than usual lip shades. I just don't like the way they look and don't think I ever will. It's a relief to get rid of stuff.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

--I checked 3 websites and they all had release with 2014 dates. lol

Perhaps we've entered the cosmetic 'twilight zone"?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

--I think I was watching Pixiewoo and she mentioned Milani. I like to watch Pixiewoo but she uses more makeup then I will ever use. I think that is why the Too Faced Radiance was a good buy because when I watched it the vlogger used nothing but the products in the palette. I feel like it's useless watching some of these makeup artists because I won't do those detailed applications.

I agree as I'd look and feel ridiculous with that much make up on but thats just because its not my style. I like youtube for product reviews/swatches etc.

I have Ballerina Pink shimmer lipstick and Baby Pink gloss sitting in my cart. I might pull the trigger soon. I did the live chat on the BB site and was told the Pink Kiss lipstick is sold out and because its limited edition won't be back. She said the Bikini Pink is most similar and that one I know I don't like. Started thinking I should pass on it because pale pink doesn't excite me.

Online sites are so helpful for weeding out stuff. I can look at the Miliani display and would have no idea what products women love from the line. Also Maybelline, honestly I hate their powder shadows and blushes but the cream shadows are a good product. Its so hit or miss and I made a lot of drugstore mistakes because everything is sealed up.

--It's worth a try. I would try it if I had an Ulta near me. The hassle of returning to QVC is the reason I won't try anything else.

I won't order from qvc for a while because I had too many beauty returns around the holidays. Things were just not working out and I hated to pay all that return shipping. Its difficult to shop for makeup on tv and I don't find them particularly helpful with shades descriptions. Looking at the products on the models isn't much help either.

-I am still working on tossing deep/darker than usual lip shades. I just don't like the way they look and don't think I ever will. It's a relief to get rid of stuff

Hey, we've been bantering for a long while now. LOL Our tastes and faces etc have changed over time. I've gotten much better about knowing what I like. Took a few minutes today to apply the Antigua……still hate it. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Looked ok and then I took my mirror to the window. Sparkle particles everywhere!!! I'm not comfortable going out like that for daytime. In the evening its probably not noticeable. Really prefer matte or very fine/soft shimmer blushes and if you want to add a touch of sheen or shimmer use a highlighter like my Trish one. Personally I think it just looks better on a more mature face. What looks nice on someone 20 is going to probably be different than when they're 45.

--That's what I think the SA thought and that is why she recommended the ready compact she did but it doesn't look good on me until I warm it up with bronzer. lol

Personally I think if someone need to warm it up like you did than its simply not the right shade. I've come to realize not all lines will have 'our' shade.

--I do look better in warmer shades and cool shades if they are pink only. Cool greys and blues don't look good on me.

We all have our shades to avoid. I swiped on the gold shimmer shadow in the Too Faced Chocolate palette and its not the greatest. I think I could use something a tad cooler and less shimmery to get away with just wearing the one shade. Perhaps something toward champagne or beige shimmer? Its really tough to follow suggestions for popping blue eyes with warm shades when they seem to clash with your skin tone.

Also dug out the Benefit They're Real mascara-my L'Oreal has been used for 3 months and I was anxious to try it after reading reviews. Gives really nice lashes. We'll see how easy it is to remove it. I love the CG Bombshell but its tougher to remove as well.

Super Contributor
On 2/16/2014 bljed said:

Perhaps we've entered the cosmetic 'twilight zone"?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

--Where all the makeup junkies go.......[do do doo do, do do doo do]

I agree as I'd look and feel ridiculous with that much make up on but thats just because its not my style. I like youtube for product reviews/swatches etc.

--I like it for the same reason.

I have Ballerina Pink shimmer lipstick and Baby Pink gloss sitting in my cart. I might pull the trigger soon. I did the live chat on the BB site and was told the Pink Kiss lipstick is sold out and because its limited edition won't be back. She said the Bikini Pink is most similar and that one I know I don't like. Started thinking I should pass on it because pale pink doesn't excite me.

--Did you get it. I think Macys just shipped yesterday so it will be a few days. I wasn't feeling well otherwise I would have went to Macys to check out the shades today.

Online sites are so helpful for weeding out stuff. I can look at the Miliani display and would have no idea what products women love from the line. Also Maybelline, honestly I hate their powder shadows and blushes but the cream shadows are a good product. Its so hit or miss and I made a lot of drugstore mistakes because everything is sealed up.

--I was in CVS and saw the Milani display. Some lipsticks looked like they were opened. This is what I don't like about drugstore makeup-shoppers taking liberties to open them and try them. yuck!

I won't order from qvc for a while because I had too many beauty returns around the holidays. Things were just not working out and I hated to pay all that return shipping. Its difficult to shop for makeup on tv and I don't find them particularly helpful with shades descriptions. Looking at the products on the models isn't much help either.

--If the BB blush doesn't work out, it's going back. I'm already stuck with the BE powder and that makes me mad, so I am not keeping another thing I am not happy with. I am now worried this BB blush will be like others I own because from Vampyvarnish's pics it's a great possibility.

Hey, we've been bantering for a long while now. LOL Our tastes and faces etc have changed over time. I've gotten much better about knowing what I like. Took a few minutes today to apply the Antigua……still hate it. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Looked ok and then I took my mirror to the window. Sparkle particles everywhere!!! I'm not comfortable going out like that for daytime. In the evening its probably not noticeable. Really prefer matte or very fine/soft shimmer blushes and if you want to add a touch of sheen or shimmer use a highlighter like my Trish one. Personally I think it just looks better on a more mature face. What looks nice on someone 20 is going to probably be different than when they're 45.

--Agreed.

-

Personally I think if someone need to warm it up like you did than its simply not the right shade. I've come to realize not all lines will have 'our' shade.

--You're right, it's not the right shade and now I hate it.

We all have our shades to avoid. I swiped on the gold shimmer shadow in the Too Faced Chocolate palette and its not the greatest. I think I could use something a tad cooler and less shimmery to get away with just wearing the one shade. Perhaps something toward champagne or beige shimmer? Its really tough to follow suggestions for popping blue eyes with warm shades when they seem to clash with your skin tone.

--Have you tried the purple? So many shades look like a beige or champagne shimmer and then when I try then they look golden. I actually have a nice beige one in my Tina Tarantino compact. I forgot about all that makeup I purchased and it's really very nice. I could have stopped at TT if I wasn't so addicted to makeup. I'm actually mad at myself for buying the palette, I didn't need it, but I feel okay with the UD3 because I really like it.

Also dug out the Benefit They're Real mascara-my L'Oreal has been used for 3 months and I was anxious to try it after reading reviews. Gives really nice lashes. We'll see how easy it is to remove it. I love the CG Bombshell but its tougher to remove as well.

--That's a nice mascara, but I find it a little hard to remove.

Smiley Happy

Contributor
I have it cosmetics CC cream. But i am not fond of it. I like full coverage stuff but i don't think it gives full coverage on me. The clarins spf 40 gives me more coverage. But we r different n u may like it. It reminds me of missha bb cream but with less coverage. On the otherhand, some people may think it's too cakeyif they use too much. A little goes a long way. I will give it a try tmr.... Today i used the it cosmetics celebration foundation. I found it a difficult product to use. Too little, gives not enough coverage, but qhen i put more, it looks cakey n i have to use my clarins spf clear to go over it to reduce the cakiness. I guess it's an application issue for me.
Contributor

Hi gals!

I just bought PC 2% BHA liquid and the BHA 9%. I have been waiting for a deal on these two products. Finally there's one on Dermstore today. yay!

and now, i saw this product: http://www.dermstore.com/product_RedMD_52601.htm

I so want it! i know I know, I have the lightstim... but I never used it... arghhh! i even bought the NCN greentea serum recently to moticate myself to use it. I will have to try to remember to do so! In any case, I want this one because it has a stand. It would be easier to use. just lay down in my bed and shine it on me. But I saw that the last promo was $100 less during Thanksgiving... so, now I have to wait till another big sale when it goes down to $199 to get it.

Super Contributor

hi PT,

That's looks like the best and easiest way to get the light. Unfortunately, I have no faith in light products after 3 months of the light stim and my skin looking better before I tried it.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

hi bljed,

The BBB Baby Pink arrived and I am a little disappointed. It feels like a dry formula and it actually looks a lot like a Lisi Lipstick I purchased in the Village two years back for $6.00. lol

I hope I have better luck with the other products, but I will have to remember how disappointed I always am with BB products and why I went on a no-buy to begin with and why I shouldn't break it again!

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
On 2/17/2014 PerriTwins said:

Hi gals!

I just bought PC 2% BHA liquid and the BHA 9%. I have been waiting for a deal on these two products. Finally there's one on Dermstore today. yay!

and now, i saw this product: http://www.dermstore.com/product_RedMD_52601.htm

I so want it! i know I know, I have the lightstim... but I never used it... arghhh! i even bought the NCN greentea serum recently to moticate myself to use it. I will have to try to remember to do so! In any case, I want this one because it has a stand. It would be easier to use. just lay down in my bed and shine it on me. But I saw that the last promo was $100 less during Thanksgiving... so, now I have to wait till another big sale when it goes down to $199 to get it.

Hi PerriTwins- I just received the BHA 9% the other. It must be very concentrated because the bottle is TINY. Its a bit on the thinner side so I think a little goes a low way. I also have the BHA 2% lotion and it keeps more pores crazy clear. Did not do anything for mild sun damage or the annoying post blemish red mark so thats why I thought I'd try the stronger formula.

Honestly I don't know anything about the LED light you linked. I am not "up" on my knowledge of beauty gadgets.

I am super stir crazy. We had a bunch more snow today and my roads were either slush or snow on a thick layer of ice. Off to Ulta I go tomorrow. lol

Super Contributor
On 2/18/2014 SilentDance said:

hi bljed,

The BBB Baby Pink arrived and I am a little disappointed. It feels like a dry formula and it actually looks a lot like a Lisi Lipstick I purchased in the Village two years back for $6.00. lol

I hope I have better luck with the other products, but I will have to remember how disappointed I always am with BB products and why I went on a no-buy to begin with and why I shouldn't break it again!

Smiley Happy

Thats too bad so return it! lol I find her formula dry which is another reason I decided not to order the pink lipstick. Do you like the color? If the shade is really nice for you then its probably worth adding some clear gloss over it. I never ordered the two lip items either. I was looking at my cart honestly wondering if I felt like spending $50 on a lipstick and gloss??? Also, like yourself I've had very little luck with her line. I do like her gloss formula but often find them too sheer so you really don't need more than one or two. The Ballerina Pink lipstick is interesting but permanent so I figured I could check it out in person…….

I've decided that my life would be complete with the Tarte matte palette so I'm hoping its available when I go out tomorrow. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

--I was in CVS and saw the Milani display. Some lipsticks looked like they were opened. This is what I don't like about drugstore makeup-shoppers taking liberties to open them and try them. yuck

Hey, they do it at Sephora as well! I thought the lipsticks looked fine and I wear readers and will look at a product very well. You can tell when someone has tried them. Yes it is gross but it wouldn't stop me from picking up a product if I thought it was untouched.

Have you tried the purple? So many shades look like a beige or champagne shimmer and then when I try then they look golden. I actually have a nice beige one in my Tina Tarantino compact. I forgot about all that makeup I purchased and it's really very nice. I could have stopped at TT if I wasn't so addicted to makeup. I'm actually mad at myself for buying the palette, I didn't need it, but I feel okay with the UD3 because I really like it.

_No I haven't tried the purple. I often tell myself I don't need something after I have it and realize its not terribly different from other things I might own. Thats why we have a problem. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I also don't think anyone can even really tell similar shades on another's person's lids. I think alot of women over analyze shades-we see it on blogs, videos etc.

BTW finding the Tarte blush my current HG. Funny thing was that the Ulta SA picked it out for me.

Super Contributor

SilentDance-this is pretty but doesn't look refillable. I would not want it unless I could refill it…..

http://www.trishmcevoy.com/p-552-deluxe-portable-beauty-collection-azure.aspx

Wanted to add that these swatches are sort of pretty. I like the gold shadow with the deep navy liner.

http://www.makeupstash.com/2014/01/review-estee-lauder-derek-lam-springsummer-2014-makeup-collection...