Not applicable

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor
On 12/31/2013 nunu4u said:

Happy New Year from me too! Smile

Hi nunu, Happy New Year to you too!

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Super Contributor
On 12/31/2013 bljed said:

I think when cosmetics are so pricey would should expect 'much'. Its not that I don't like the kit either...... I suppose I could just as easily keep it and not buy for 2 years instead of 1. LOL Clearly we have makeup 'moods. {#emotions_dlg.lol} If the palettes I just bought are not my style I will officially give up on shadow and just go with TM or EL.

--Cleary!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol} I made up my mind though and it is going back. I can easily keep it too out of laziness of shipping it back. I look around and I can't justify it because I have so much makeup that I use and love. Yes, that is a good plan for you. I also think that every now and then BB shadows come along that you also like.

Personally I LOVE these taupe type shades. Why not a 'taupe palette'???

http://www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com/2013/01/by-request-taupeliscious-with-rouge.html

---Why not? I think it's a great choice for blue eyes. Wouldn't that be considered a neutral palette?

I will check HSN for that lipstick because I just got a $10 off any purchase coupon. did you get one too?

--No, I didn't get a coupon. Now I'm wondering why. I think I saw the shade you mentioned.

I think the BIM kit is really nice. Perhaps these kits throughout the year will help keep you on the no buy for other items. You know you have something to look forward to at regular intervals rather than just going cold turkey for a year.

--No such thing as cold turkey for me although I do know I can go a long time without buying makeup once I set my mind to it. I didn't do too bad last year until the end of year sales happened and that is something to keep in mind.

--Tossed a bunch of stuff this morning. Smashbox and EL. It was old and not getting used. I also tossed a bunch of hair product samples I received from Sephora from the last two years. Just dumped it all. I'm at that point where I want to streamline and it's happening.

--I am going to pull out all my small/travel makeup items and put it in my Fossil. This way when I am looking for travel sizes they will be all ready to go. I have quite a few travel sizes of products I use and like.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Wow, this matte palette looks so pretty to have on hand to mix with shimmers!

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6340109

It looks nice, but I know throughout this thread you have mentioned you do not like Tarte shadows. I'm sure something will come along in a brand you do like.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
On 1/1/2014 SilentDance said:

It looks nice, but I know throughout this thread you have mentioned you do not like Tarte shadows. I'm sure something will come along in a brand you do like.

Smiley Happy

Well, not only have I not liked Tarte shadows but everything else from the line has been something I would not repurchase. But why would that stop me from trying AGAIN if something looked pretty? {#emotions_dlg.lol} Thats why I have issues.

Super Contributor
On 1/1/2014 bljed said:

Smiley Happy

Well, not only have I not liked Tarte shadows but everything else from the line has been something I would not repurchase. But why would that stop me from trying AGAIN if something looked pretty? {#emotions_dlg.lol} Thats why I have issues.

If it wasn't for our pact I would have never mentioned it, but we are going to keep each other in check. It's not that I don't think you shouldn't have shadows, but I think since you have mentioned your dislike for the products, you need to look elsewhere.

Just a little cosmetic tough love!!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

btw, I've been using this stuff and it's really very good. It's my new favorite product.

http://www.philosophy.com/skin-care-exfoliators-and-peels/the-microdelivery-enzyme-peel,en_US,pd.htm...

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

--Cleary!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol} I made up my mind though and it is going back. I can easily keep it too out of laziness of shipping it back. I look around and I can't justify it because I have so much makeup that I use and love. Yes, that is a good plan for you. I also think that every now and then BB shadows come along that you also like.

Yeah, mine is going back. This morning I put on the BB cream and then used the blush in the kit and its too bright for me. The other shades I have are much better choices. The clear, brilliant sunshine was helpful for this. Also yesterday I applied the lipstick in the car before leaving the house and was shocked at how deep it looked. Ended up lighting it up with gloss. Not willing to fiddle with this.

I have to fiddle with the MAC blush a bit. I can try my stippling brush but it was set aside for the JM blush-which now I'm wondering if that isn't a bit too bright. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

---Why not? I think it's a great choice for blue eyes. Wouldn't that be considered a neutral palette?

I've never seen a taupey palette. I LOVE some of those shades. Well I'd buy all of them if they were in a palette and you could add some off white, creamy and pinkish highlighter shades and some deeper cool browns and a black for lining. A cool toned taupe palette would be my makeup dream come true. LOL Of course I went to the Nars website and want to buy something. Their shadows are $24 each so they are pricey.

--No, I didn't get a coupon. Now I'm wondering why. I think I saw the shade you mentioned.

I assumed you would have gotten one because you shop there more than I do. Its good starting today. I need to check Too Faced Razzle Dazzle Rose in store first if I can.

Good for the tossing of old stuff. I'm not sure I have anything right now. I do have a number of products in my 'holding area' which I doubt I'll ever wear. Perhaps I'll decide in the spring.

I just need to package up that return. Gave it my best shot. The really good thing was that I took out the box and when I lifted it out of the shipping box I found my favorite TM eyeliner brush. It must have rolled in there. So glad I did not accidentally ship that back!

Super Contributor

btw, I've been using this stuff and it's really very good. It's my new favorite product.

http://www.philosophy.com/skin-care-exfoliators-and-peels/the-microdelivery-enzyme-peel,en_US,pd.htm...

Smiley Happy

Looks nice. i used to use the 2-step vitamin C/peptide peel and it was fabulous. I got visible results. I stopped using it after the rosacea issue which seems to be barely an issue anymore. The JM powder/scrub is on my wish list.

Tough cosmetic love can hurt a bit....{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Super Contributor
On 1/1/2014 bljed said:

Smiley Happy

Looks nice. i used to use the 2-step vitamin C/peptide peel and it was fabulous. I got visible results. I stopped using it after the rosacea issue which seems to be barely an issue anymore. The JM powder/scrub is on my wish list.

Tough cosmetic love can hurt a bit....{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Ouch, sorry!

I have to look into the jm powder scrub, don't think I read about it. What do you think of this JM "milk" stuff. It looks like watered down argan oil, I can't figure it out. Eh, I'm using up any JM argan oil that I have on my hair.

Probably the rosacea is a non-issue because you are using things that agree with you. That's good and it's all trial and error.

TM is all packed up and ready to go. I was reading comments about it on HSN and there are thoughts about it just like ours, so I know I am doing the right thing. Packed up my Fossil with all small travel products and I found quite a bit of stuff. Laura Mercier, Nars, Buxom etc. It's working out well and will be ready to go for over nighters.

The "holding area" - I love that!!!

I'm glad you found your brush. I couldn't find my UD good karma cream shadow brush either, but found it this morning. I looked in the same place three time and didn't see it, and it showed up there this morning. Those UD brushes sure know how to move themselves around. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Ready for the snow...it looks like you might get ht harder than we will. I dread this time of year. Arghhh!!!

Smiley Happy