Honored Contributor

Re: PTR !!!! I'm loading up!!!!

@Sammijo10 wrote:

I'm very tempted by the supersize retinol serum as I ordered the last TSV with all the retinol products and have been pleased with the results.  

World Traveler, I can't answer all your questions, but I do find that my skin looks better when I use the retinol PM consistently.  I've been on the road a lot the last month and like you didn't want to lug everything with me, but did notice the difference - not a horrible backslide, but just a more blah complexion.  After a few days back on the night retinol treatments, my skin glows again.

Also, the retinol should be washed/rinsed off in the AM, and a good sunscreen applied ALWAYS when using retinol.  

On another note, has anyone here tried the Rose stem cell products?  I've got a boat load of other day products to use up before I can possibly bring another new product into the house, but I put a bit of the Rose stem cell serum on the back of my hand at Ulta yesterday and wow, I can still feel the softness today after many many hand washings.  Reviews would be appreciated.

@Sammijo10 Thanks for the comments.

Glad you mentioned washing off the skin in the morning. Although I normally do that anyway, it helps me to understand how to use the product.

I know what you mean about noticing a difference when you stop using a product that works. I've had that happen when I stopped using an effective product to try something else that was cheaper. Didn't work as well...skin got worse...went back to the original product and am a happy camper again! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I've never tried Retinol. Understand from what he said that you only use at night, and can't be out in the sun with it on. Are the results accumulative?

======================

I've used the the PTR Retinol and LOVED it. However, .....

#1-The smaller bottle lasted a year because I did not use it every nite.  For that reason, I would never get the super-size. 

#2- It's my understanding that you must use sunscreen when using retinol and for that reason, I never use retinol in the summer when the sun is strongest.  For me, retinol is a winter only product.

#3- Yes, the results are cumulative.  The more you use it, the better your skin will look. 

One should use retinol at night.

ETA:

I'd never use retinol in the a.m.  I use an SPF of 30 or 50 in the a.m.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I've never heard of needing to wash retinol off in the morning. I'm sure that it been totally absorbed within 30 minutes of applying. Or am I missing something specific about this formula?

Also, of course we should use sunscreen in the morning when using a retinol product at night. But then, we should do that anyway. I don't think that there's any major cause for worry, especially since we are not taking about prescription strength.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I've never tried Retinol. Understand from what he said that you only use at night, and can't be out in the sun with it on. Are the results accumulative?

======================

#1-The smaller bottle lasted a year because I did not use it every nite.  For that reason, I would never get the super-size. 

#2- It's my understanding that you must use sunscreen when using retinol and for that reason, I never use retinol in the summer when the sun is strongest.  For me, retinol is a winter only product.

#3- Yes, the results are cumulative.  The more you use it, the better your skin will look. 

one should use retinol at night.

Why are people saying they don't want to use Retinol because you have to use sunscreen - you should use sunscreen every day rain or shine whether or not you use Retinol. 

Respected Contributor

I'm wondering what the shelf life of the mega PTR retinol product is? It can't last forever. Anyone know?

TIA.

pup

Honored Contributor

His products are from chemical free, if anyone here is an ingredient snob I know that matters to some. .

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I've never heard of needing to wash retinol off in the morning. I'm sure that it been totally absorbed within 30 minutes of applying. Or am I missing something specific about this formula?

Also, of course we should use sunscreen in the morning when using a retinol product at night. But then, we should do that anyway. I don't think that there's any major cause for worry, especially since we are not taking about prescription strength.

@suzyQ3,

PTR describes his retinol serum to be a micro-encapsulated, time-release formula.  The retinol is being slowly released throughout the night, not just immediately after application.

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

======================

one should use retinol at night.

Why are people saying they don't want to use Retinol because you have to use sunscreen - you should use sunscreen every day rain or shine whether or not you use Retinol. 

exactly--use retinol at night.  use spf during the day!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

Check his website for the Mother's Day special of his Mega Rich Creme.  Excellent deal and the jar lasts a few months 

Thank you, @Suebdoo!  The sale at his site is amazing!  I just ordered three jars!  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I notice that the ingredients are not the same for the mega size vs the regular size. 

Mega size:  Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl
Palmitate, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Potassium Phosphate, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate-20, Alcohol.

Regular size:  Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalane, Retinol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Water
(Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Alcohol

Now I don't know if to order or not........................