Honored Contributor

Re: PLease stop the excessive finger dipping

@KKJ wrote:

Which must be the reason for the oft repeated story of the "Argan Oil"!  lady.

Do you think by now Josie is sick of telling this story?

Of course she is. Many times she doesn't and the host prompts her to tell it. The story gets shorter and shorter, too. Last time I saw it, she got prompted by the host and the once "modeling in France, met a woman from Morocco, had to ask...blah blah argan oil" became "I met a women who looked forty but she was really 70 and it was because she used argan oil."

QVC has new viewers every day and there are plenty of people who've never heard it before.

Honored Contributor

Call me a cheapo, but I just roll around in an industrial vat of Crisco once a week or so. Unscented, of course.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

I totally dig the fake Morrocan accent - you know the one.  Where Josie is telling the viewers that she asked the older women what her secret is....and the women replies, "Argan Oil!!!" (can't you just hear the accent???)   It's like fingernails running down a chalkboard  ;P

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

If I feel something I don't like appears to be "non-stop", I figure I must be watching that presentation too much.  Time for me to branch out and watch other channels!!!!

Definitely this! Time to find something else to do!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3

LMAO!!!  You have me in tears!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

I totally dig the fake Morrocan accent - you know the one.  Where Josie is telling the viewers that she asked the older women what her secret is....and the women replies, "Argan Oil!!!" (can't you just hear the accent???)   It's like fingernails running down a chalkboard  ;P

And she didn't even do the accent ion that brief rundown I saw!

That's actually my favorite part of the story. I don't think it's fingers on a chalkboard, I think it's hilariously campy. It's like a parody of home shopping channels and makes me laugh.

Respected Contributor

LMAO Suzy, you're killing me!!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Call me a cheapo, but I just roll around in an industrial vat of Crisco once a week or so. Unscented, of course.

PLEASE stay on topic! DO YOU DIP??

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

It's fine for TV presentations, however I don't buy stuff in jars if I can avoid it. A germ pool.

I just can't understand it. If you've just taken a shower and are now going to apply something out of a jar, how dirty can your hands/fingers be?? And if you don't know, then wash them first and then, DIP!   Easy Peasy.

Respected Contributor

This grosses me out. I switch the tv channel.