Trusted Contributor

PJU, you had a question for me in another thread...

"MrsSweetieBear....I have a question for you. I ordered BOA some time back. When I got it, it smelled like nothing more than bleach in water. I tried it for a while, and it did nothing for me. I gave up on it. Does yours smell like diluted bleach or hydrogen peroxide? It was really expensive, so I was not happy."

Darn, I'm sorry you didn't get great results. I always hope when I recommend or mention BOA to others and they try that they will love it like I do!

My first bottle I too was surprised that it was so clear and runny and basically just like water although I had read many posts about it so it really shouldn't have surprised me. I noticed a slight chlorine smell that reminded of a swimming pool smell. After about the 3rd bottle, I couldn't even detect that order and I was worried that I got an ineffective batch or something but it always still works for me. I still use it 2X a day even though I stay totally clear and could probably cut back to once a day. I love how the other ingredients in it (maybe glycolics?) keep me balanced and glowing.

If I spend $27.00 and it doesn't do what I'm hoping, I'm disappointed too, so I do understand. I've had that happen with much more expensive prescriptions and it made me so angry! Plus, Denise doesn't offer refunds so you are just out your $27 bucks. I wish she sold a smaller less expensive bottle to start. I think she doesn't do that because most people need to use a whole full size bottle to get results. The exception would be if you suffered a bad reaction and then of course you wouldn't want to use the entire contents.

When you say you tried it for a while and it did nothing so you gave up on it, that could be part of the problem. Of course I don't know exactly what you mean by "a while", but I suggest trying again. Make sure to comply with the instructions on the website and do not use any other actives with it, especially benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid or sulfur.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to try to help. There are other posters who use and love it too as well as their teenage and college age kids. Of course there are the haters too who usually find their way to a BOA thread to bash it and me. Contacting Denise through e-mail is still the best way to get the correct answers to any concerns. She really is super nice.

Oh, and if you really don't want to try again to use as an acne products, keep it around for summer heat rash or fungus type stuff. I had an ugly and sore red section under my breasts. Maybe from a sweaty sport bra, I don't know. I fiddled around with smelly anti-fungal powders and messy creams before I remembered reading BOA was a good treatment for that. It was gone the next day!

I really hope this helps you or someone. I love what BOA has done for me. I'm truly disappointed when it doesn't deliver for my BB friends. And honest, I don't get a thing for my rave reviews. Not even a Free bottle or extra discount ever in all this time. I do get a nice feeling though when someone mentions to me that they tried it on my recommendation and how happy they are they did. That's good enough.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~