Trusted Contributor

Over 2yrs old but doesnt smell

So i just went through my order history to see how old a few items i have that i have not used up. I found that 2 bonus size Isomers products I bought one 8/2011 and the other 11/2013. The product does not appear to be out dated but i am wondering should i toss it? use it on arms and legs instead to use it up? or use it as intendend on my face. Even though i have plenty of new products i hate to toss things .

Super Contributor

Re: Over 2yrs old but doesnt smell

I would email them with the product name and lot number. Their website is isomers.ca

Super Contributor

earlier someone called in about shelf life. now they are saying 24 to 36 months. the 24 month window is when u open and unopened 36 months

myshell gave the best infor. double check

Regular Contributor

I would use them. The 8/2011 is only 6 months past the 2 years they recommend. I also remember reading on isomers' website that although they say that the products are good for 2 years, they are actually still good after that time. I think they said up to 3 years. I have used products older than 3 years and they were still good.

Andrew lessman once said that vitamins are still good after the expiration date, but that the potency slowly begins to decrease. The same thing probably happens with beauty products. I would only toss them if they smelled or looked funny. I would also use them on my body as well as face; so, I can use them up quicker.

I had some beauty products that were getting old and I wanted to get rid of them (but not throw them out); so, I used them on my body, and now my whole body looks as good as my face.

Honored Contributor

If it smells OK, color has not changed and consistency has not changed, use it!!!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks.. i took them in the shower today and used on my body and face..