Respected Contributor

Ordered the Hairmax TSV yesterday and was wondering if you

have to have wet hair to use it.  Read somewhere your hair should be wet but not once in the presentation was this said. They said clean hair.

Anyone use this?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Ordered the Hairmax TSV yesterday and was wondering if you

I ordered it, as well.  I heard Randy say it can be used on dry or wet hair, either way.  He also said that the brush is removable to clean if you use hairspray and all that stuff and need to clean the buildup from the brush (ugh).  My preference would be to use on clean hair only.  I am concerned because all of the "Before and After" photos they presented were results obtained with other Hairmax products (i.e., the Hairmax 9, Hairmax 12).  I did not see any results shown with the Hairmax 7.  The difference - I believe - is that the other Hairmax products have more lasers, and therefore are stronger and can be used for a lesser amount of time.  I am hoping that it all evens out in the end, as Hairmax 7 may have less lasers, but must be used for a longer period of time.  In any event, I am having faith that we will have more gorgeous hair in six months!

Honored Contributor

I have watched the demonstrations on this product in the past (not this particular model, but definitely Hair Max). The vendor said it could be used on dry or wet hair.

What I remember him saying was that it should be clean hair if it is wet because any products you might have put on your hair "might" lessen the effectiveness. You would need to ensure the clear covering on the diods (laser lights) is clean.

Don't know if that same instruction is true for this new model. What I gleaned from it when watching about a year ago was that it was important that the scalp was clean so the lasers could penetrate easily. That's why there is a comb attached, to separate the hair and clear a path for the laser.

But I want to stress that I last watched that about a year ago, so things may have changed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My understanding was he said the 9 you use for 11 minutes and the 7 you use for 15 minutes.  There is also a Hairmax Advanced 7on Ulta which is not the Prima for a lot more money ($295.) but uses 4 AA regular Batteries (not rechargeable like the Prima 7).  Have held off because of the cost but I couldn't resist this one. I have 180 days to return. My hair is getting so in and don't want to wait till it's too late. 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby

Just curious....

If..

"The vendor said it could be used on dry or wet hair."

Wouldn't the above statement be stated in the instructions that came w/Hairmax????? confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Valstybaby

Just curious....

If..

"The vendor said it could be used on dry or wet hair."

Wouldn't the above statement be stated in the instructions that came w/Hairmax????? confused.gif

Just ordered it yesterday so haven't received it and there are no instructions on the Q website. I didn't hear them say it could be used wet or dry hair during the presentation.  Read it somewhere and thought it said it HAD to be used on wet hair but couldn't remember where. Thus the question. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, the scalp should be clean and free of additives such as those who use fibers like Toppik to cover thinning spots, the fibers should be removed before using the laser.

Valued Contributor

Hi, I have another model of this hairmax and your hair CAN be wet when you use this, such as right after your shower. Towel try it so it's not sopping wet. It can be use on dry hair as well. It's recommended that your scalp be clean of any hair products such as hair spray, style gel, etc...

I've used it both ways. I wash my hair everyday since due to hot flashes I sweat a lot on my head and want to wash for that reason. Just remember, it's your scalp you are treating with the laser, not your actual hair. Also, clean hair with no products on keeps the hairmax unit and the laser clean as well... 

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone. Have you found an difference doing it wet or dry?

Valued Contributor

Nope, no difference to me.