Respected Contributor

Re: On Dr. OZ Show Yesterday. October 26, 2016

That's ridiculous for sure!  What a waste of money, not to mention the landfill space!  I guess you could donate it?

I thought when I opened this thread it was going to state a really good reason to replace it at the two year point, like it was harmful to your health, your hair, or the environment.  

Now, if it was a serum with a self-life due to active ingredients losing their potency, that would make perfect sense.  But a hair dryer, no, just no!

Trusted Contributor

You mean he took time out of his day to quit hawking diet pills and devote it to hair dryers "wearing out"? What a nut!

Esteemed Contributor

My nearly 90 year old mom has a nearly 60 year old G.E. stove. Should she throw it out because it's old? It works and it's a side by side double oven. They don't make them like that anymore.

What nonsense about hair dryers. I have a Conair hair dryer with a removable straightening attachment that I've had for at least 7 years. I have an identical backup one still in the box when my hair dryer kicks the bucket -- that's how much I like my current hair dryer!

Honored Contributor

I can't stand him and I don't believe a word he says.......like telling me what skin cream I should use? What a nerve. He knows nothing. He's a heart doctor. Stick to hearts, doc, we need people like you. He got in trouble for lying about the weight loss stuff and he's still on the air. It's all about the money. Oprah put him there. Maybe she'll take him off lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Talk about a real QUACKADOODLE !!!

Probably has stock in hair blowers Smiley Happy

Oprah and Dr. Phil are in the same category.  People act like they have all this wisdom to bestow on us poor lowly souls.  The hosts on QVC gush about Oprah ad nauseum.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I watched that show and absolutely did not agree with the hair expert about throwing away the dryers. That was crazy.

But in no way does Dr Oz deserve to be called a quack just because one of his guests made the statement. I would guess that he's had guests on through the years that have made statements he doesn't necessarily agree with.