Honored Contributor

On Dr. OZ Show Yesterday. October 26, 2016

The great Dr. OZ  had on a so called EXPERT who said that you should throw out your blow dryer no matter what after 2 years of using it.   She said that she marks on her blow dryer the date she bought it and at two years throws it out no matter what.  She said that after 2 years of use, they no matter what the brand or the cost  across the board just do not work as they should anymore.

I laughed! I have a blow dryer I bought well over 10- 15 years ago and it works just fine. I would never just throw my blow dryer out at the 2 year mark.  You can go on Dr. OZ's website and look up the segment on the October 26, 2016 show if you want to see it.

Respected Contributor

Re: On Dr. OZ Show Yesterday. October 26, 2016

Mine has got to be at least 15-16 years old too.  

Honored Contributor

For what reason?

"they don't work as they should" is not a reason, I'm with you.

I have several, one for backup.   I don't even want to think about how many years I've had it.    More than 10 years, I know

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The great Dr. OZ  had on a so called EXPERT who said that you should throw out your blow dryer no matter what after 2 years of using it.   She said that she marks on her blow dryer the date she bought it and at two years throws it out no matter what.  She said that after 2 years of use, they no matter what the brand or the cost  across the board just do not work as they should anymore.

I laughed! I have a blow dryer I bought well over 10- 15 years ago and it works just fine. I would never just throw my blow dryer out at the 2 year mark.  You can go on Dr. OZ's website and look up the segment on the October 26, 2016 show if you want to see it.

Esteemed Contributor

That's one of the silliest things I've heard recently.

Even if they don't get your hair dry quite as quickly after a few years--which is questionable--who cares?

I used to think Dr. Oz had some interesting and useful things to say, but I don't believe much of what he or his "experts" say anymore.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Someone from Dyson must have paid her to say that.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Someone from Dyson must have paid her to say that.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee  You are a Silly girl! LOL!

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised.  It seems like this is a throw-away society.  So many young(er) people would rather throw something away and get a new one than get things fixed or (Heaven forbid...) fix it themselves.  They'd rather just get a new one.

I know there are often improvements on whatever it is, but sometimes what you own that's old is better than what you are buying.  Besides that would be money you could spend on something else.

That is why I don't watch Dr. Oz or any of those Dr shows.

Honored Contributor

Did he or she offer to pay for my replacement?  

I honestly hardly ever use mine so does that mean I get an extended warranty on relegating a fairly new appliance to the trash pile?  I'm surprised the EPA didn't immediately march on the set.  

Ridiculous is right!  

Trusted Contributor

I won't even mention all the appliances in my house still going strong after 10+ years as I don't want to jinx myself.  My cars go about 200,000 miles.  I just had to retire my 2005 Neon.  At 190,000+ the computer started to have problems.   I wish for the good old days when you could take your car to a mechanic.  Today's cars have "technicians" that hook the cars computer to a diagnostic machine that will tell them the problem.   If and when the computer is wrong you have paid parts and labor and did not fix the problem.  Been there done that.   If my car is dependable and the body is in good shape why buy new?   If a product is costing me money to use it is time to retire it otherwise I keep it.  My money is not disposable and I try to spend it wisely.

Regular Contributor

If Dr Oz says it , it must be true!!!!  Ha, ha, ha.  He's a quack.