Super Contributor

Re: Ok beauties, who's starting a Healthy Eating program 2014 and what are you stocking up on?

Oh I LOVE bacon.

That'll get me eating kale.

Super Contributor

Re: Ok beauties, who's starting a Healthy Eating program 2014 and what are you stocking up on?

Just bee, that's really helpful... I made the soup with curly kale and it was chewy even after 20 min.+ of boiling. I've had the dino before and it is better, even in soup... it's what I want for salad. Yipee!

Honored Contributor

I've lost over 100 lbs eating bacon almost every day. It is definitely part of my healthy diet!

Bee, thanks for the link I love the baacon & kale idea! Bacon & kale and walnuts would be good, too... Those pictures are making me hungry!

I've used kale as a wrap before but it does have a distintive flavor. Sometimes it is a good idea, sometimes I need something with less flavor.

Thank goodness no one thought to heavily market bacon to us as a health food! lol...

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2014 Hi Cindy said:

I am very lucky to have a Whole Foods nearby (first time ever). They have soups ready, salad bars, and hot entrees all available for lunch. Small portion opportunity and you can pick and choose. Also, they had fresh nuts, yogurt chips and sesame bars and dried cranberries to create a trail mix that is not just candy. Perfect for me...small picky eater, but short 5'2" and older (a challenge). Plus, I am slicing lemons to make water more interesting and am walking 3X a day (after each meal). I went to Weight Watchers for 3 months to create awareness and support, but now I can go it alone (well, me and Whole Foods). Good luck to everyone.

Love Whole Foods. The cold & hot food is the best.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

On 1/22/2014 phoenixbrd said:

CaChica...here you are...so yummy

Kale Salad....soooo easy

Devein one/two bunches of kale and finely chop

Take an avocado and massage it into the kale

Sprinke with fresh lemon juice and a touch of himalayan salt

Add a handful of pinenuts and some dried cranberries (sometimes I use halved cherry tomatoes instead of the cranberries depends on if you want a sweet or savory flavor but both are delish) Toss and enjoy

Also, just another tip if you want to incorporate more kale and use quinoa. Saute mushrooms, finely chopped kale, garlic, in a little evoo until soft - add cooked quinoa and some veggie broth then place in a baking dish in the oven. I've made this for nonvegan friends and served it with a salad and has always been enjoyed.

Sorry I'm so vague on amounts...these are my own inventions and I go by taste...but you can't miss with either of these dishes

Thank you for taking time to post the recipes. ; )

Honored Contributor

I ordered the veggie sncks tht were on the Q tody 4-5 pm Centrl time. 24 for $41 shpg included & 100 or less clories ech. 3 different ones. They looked delicious. 1st time ordering food from the Q.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Suspected I might have gluten sensitivity....went gluten free for past 2 weeks & lost 10 lbs. feel great and all my digestive issues are gone. Found the culprit.
Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2014 tommysgirl said: Suspected I might have gluten sensitivity....went gluten free for past 2 weeks & lost 10 lbs. feel great and all my digestive issues are gone. Found the culprit.

I'm glad you discovered the cause. I'm very happy that you are feeling good! Makes it easy to keep eating this way!

Honored Contributor

I picked up a couple big, whole chickens,grassfed beef, calf liver, and veggies over the weekend. I've got some chicken breasts in the freezer, too, so I am pretty well stocked.

I am almost out of salmon & eggs so I need to watch for sales on them.

Honored Contributor

Castelvetrano olives.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~