Honored Contributor

At 61 my skin is still pretty oily, I know it is a blessing but every morning when I wake up my face especially my nose is a grease slick. I have uber sensitive skin and I wash with Dermatoligica Ultra calm wash and use Clinique moisture surge after. I am wondering of there is something that will dry my skin but not over dry it. 

When I sit in the sun I wear a hat and always use an SPF 30 for the face.

thanks all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Oily Summer Skin

[ Edited ]

In my late 60's, I still have pretty oily skin too along with sensitivity but minimal wrinkles. In order to combat my oily skin, after some trial and error, I found the best thing for me is to exfoliate, get rid of the "dead" cells, and then, there's an oil-free facial cleansing wipe product called "Clean&Clear" that removes dirt, oil, makeup, even waterproof mascara, then just wash face with water.  I never use moisturizer.  I have found that a self-tanning product, St. Tropez, that's sold on QVC, it's like a mousse, and it really cuts down on the oilyness of my skin.  I don't use the self-tanner every day,  just maybe once a week.   Woman Happy

P.S.  In the spring and summertime, the high humidity seems to make my skin "feel" even oilier [sigh].   

Super Contributor

Have you tried Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel? I have oily skin as well and that's what I use in the summer. It's lighter than the moisture surge.

Honored Contributor

I have the same issue and I'm 62. I think I'll try the Clean and Clear.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Thank you I will look into that next time I am at a store 

Ladybug837 wrote:

Have you tried Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel? I have oily skin as well and that's what I use in the summer. It's lighter than the moisture surge.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
New Contributor

I am 54 and still quite oily as well. I also recommend the Clean N Clear blotters and think they work much better than the paper ones.

Trusted Contributor

@Ladybug837 wrote:

This is a great moisturizer for oily skin. It gives just the right amount of moisture and is one of the few that doesn't cause me to breakout. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you I bought the Clean and Clear with the scrubbing pieces in it and used it last night before bed and wow no oil slick, I will have to test it a few more times before I am sold Smiley Happy

@alliswell wrote:

In my late 60's, I still have pretty oily skin too along with sensitivity but minimal wrinkles. In order to combat my oily skin, after some trial and error, I found the best thing for me is to exfoliate, get rid of the "dead" cells, and then, there's an oil-free facial cleansing wipe product called "Clean&Clear" that removes dirt, oil, makeup, even waterproof mascara, then just wash face with water.  I never use moisturizer.  I have found that a self-tanning product, St. Tropez, that's sold on QVC, it's like a mousse, and it really cuts down on the oilyness of my skin.  I don't use the self-tanner every day,  just maybe once a week.   Woman Happy

P.S.  In the spring and summertime, the high humidity seems to make my skin "feel" even oilier [sigh].   

Respected Contributor
The Mousture Surge is probably too much moisture for you. I also suggest a gel moisturizer.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox ~ I could've written your post.  I'm 67 and still have super oily skin.  When I was young, I cursed it.  But these days, I'm happy to have it.  It would be much, much worse to deal with dry skin at my age -- in my opinion.  I'd rather deal with the occasion pimple than wrinkles.

I also recommend the Clinique Gel moisturizer.  Even tho, I switched from that to the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel about 6 months ago.  Both very good products.  They add moisture, not oil.  The only time I wear a moisturizer is at night over my retinol cream.  In the daytime, all I apply is a vitamin C serum.  Fewer products = less oil production.  I always wear an SPF primer under foundation -- a primer controls my oil for hours.  Both my primer and foundation have SPF protection.

For a separate SPF, I use Sunforgettable powder.  Any liquid/cream suncream makes my complexion so greasy I can't stand it!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt