Trusted Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
Dr. Young's available on Amazon. It's amazing.
The one I saw on Amazon was over $30 for about 6 ounces.  Is that correct?  Seems pretty expensive.
Respected Contributor
It's $34.95 + 4.99 s/h for 8 oz. I use it once a day, 3 pumps each time. I bought a bottle in August and just finished it this past week. So it lasts a while.
Trusted Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
It's $34.95 + 4.99 s/h for 8 oz. I use it once a day, 3 pumps each time. I bought a bottle in August and just finished it this past week. So it lasts a while.

Thanks, Rachb!

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

@Rachb wrote:
Dr. Young's available on Amazon. It's amazing.
The one I saw on Amazon was over $30 for about 6 ounces.  Is that correct?  Seems pretty expensive.

Hi @soonersis  It sounds expensive, but it really isn't.  Dr. Young's is 200 ml, which is the equivalent of 6.76 oz. for $40, shipped.  That will last a good 4-5 months.  Comparing that to Tatcha, which is 5.1 oz. for $42.64 plus tax and shipping, the Dr. Young's is a better buy.   

Valued Contributor

I have enjoyed using Serious Skincare oil cleanser and usually get it off of ebay.

Respected Contributor

I was surprised that oil cleansers didn't break down my makeup. I tried the Eclos & JM. Neither one was good at breaking down my makeup & the Eclos broke me out. So now I am using plain argan oil. I rub that around on my face until I see that my makeup is good & schmeared around. Then I add my cleanser (LRP Toleriane Cleanser or FAB Cleanser) & work that around. If you are wondering, put a good example of your makeup on your hand. Primers, foundation, powder, mascara, eyeliner, lip color. Put a bit of your cleanser on that & see if it actually breaks it down. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like oil cleansers.  Way back in the 70s my dermatologist recommended an oil cleanser for me and my skin was acneic and oily.  His premise was oil glands required external oil in order to balance the extra secretion.  I'm so glad that they are back in fashion and readily available again.  I agree that the DHC 's Deep Cleansing Oil is one of the best.  When wet it turns milky and rinses with no oil residue left behind. It's $28 for 6.7 oz, but they sell a smaller 2 oz size at $14.   Others I like are The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Oil ($19 for 6.7 oz) and Cleansing Butter ($16 for 3oz).  I think the Butter is less messy to use becuase it's a balm which emulsifies into an oil when applied to the face.  Both can be rinsed, but clean better when a towel is used to wipe off.  A new one I've taken a liking to is Ole Henriksen's Melting Cleanser. It's a balm which reacts to water by turning liquid for easy rinsing.  At $34 for 4 oz, Ole's is the most expensive.   

I should note that my cleansing regimen doesn't consist of exclusively oil cleansers.  I use an exfoliating cleanser every morning, and on nights when I use my Clarisonic I don't use an oil cleanser, but go back to a creamy or gel one like Purity.   

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

Lumene, One Love Organics, Clinique

i don't really like DHC & Josie Maran. Both were a little too thick for my liking, and kind of dragged along the skin. Also, I didn't like using around my eyes for that reason. HTH!

I totally agree about those two for this reason. The Josie Maran is the worst I've used because it turns into tar if I put it on skin that's even a little wet or have water at the corner of my mouth from brushing my teeth. It's just too finicky for me - sad, because I like most of her other products. I prefer Clinique, Neutrogena, and Garnier. The Garnier bottle is prone to leakage and it's strongly scented, so it's my least favorite of those three.

Frequent Contributor

I really like The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Oil (someone else mentioned as well).  I am currently using Burts Bees cleansing oil with coconut and argan oils, but I find it a little drying.  Back to my Body Shop brand after I finish Burts Bees.  Both can be bought on sale. 

Trusted Contributor

I just discovered the bareMinerals Mineralixirs cleansing oil, which looks like it's being discontinued.  It isn't as thick as the Josie Maran one and rinses off cleanly.  It's on sale right now all over the place.  6 oz for $21 at Sephora, Macy's, bareMinerals.