Respected Contributor

Re: Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) - which oil ?

Dhc  

Valued Contributor

I actually learned from this post. Have been thinking about blending my own oils, already have many aromatherapy oils. Thanks for the post and the info everyone.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The method requires 2 oils: castor and a thinner oil. The castor for its drawing properties.

It is not so much the content of the linoleic/linolenic, etc. acids. That determines which skin types should use what, (especially acneic skin) but I don't know how or if it applies to cleansing w/ oils.

See: minimalistbeauty dot com

See: theoilclenasingmethod dot com

Rather than which oil or oils to use, (because you can use just about anything) I think it is more a matter of technique; i.e., the method.

Esteemed Contributor

I alternate between Tatcha (purchased when on sale) and Palmer's. I do a second cleans with Beekman's pure goat smilk soap.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I am not tired of hearing your suggestions using Dr.Young. I want to try it and have read excellent reviews. I do have JM's & there is no comparison to Tatcha. I do intend to purchase Dr.Young. Thanks for the reco. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23. I like BB Soothing Cleasning Oil. It takes off my eye make up (waterproof as well) so I don't need a separate eye makeup remover. It leaves my skin moisturized, too. 

Frequent Contributor

My first cleansing oil was Bare Minerals Mineralixers, which I loved- so naturally it was discontinued. Sigh. The newer oil cleanser from BM (Oil Obsessed) has fragrance in it and bothers my eyes. I tried a sample of Burt's Bees oil cleanser from a beauty box and that irritated my eyes as well. Right now I am into Double Cleansing using the Julep Love Your Bare Face cleansing oil and cleansing balm stick with their charcoal Konjac sponge. My face feels really soft and smooth after this process. The sponge gives a very gentle exfoliation which does not aggravate my rosacea.