Honored Contributor

Re: OT...kinda. How many ladies here live the kind of lifestyle...

I liked Isaac's dress and the Dennis Basso one too.

I don't LIKE going to formal events - I will if I have to for work, but that is it.

Super Contributor

Tee hee hee, no...... that kind of dress is not in my lifestyle. I do like the look on celebrities, though.

Super Contributor

Not me. The last really dressy event I attended was my son's wedding last spring and I don't foresee any in the future.

Valued Contributor

Oh, I love living like the red carpet!!! NOT!

Valued Contributor

Careful OP! You'll be accused of ""being jealous""!

Trusted Contributor

Almost never. My retirement lifestyle is mostly relaxed and informal, and I have more than enough dressy items in my closet to cover the few dressier events (weddings, holiday parties, etc.) we do attend. Also, dress codes are so much more relaxed nowadays. You can go virtually anywhere in a pair of dress slacks and a nice top/jacket with a festive scarf or jewelry.

It's fun to see glamorous clothes, though! It's fun to see the styles and colors, to "meet" the designers, and to see the models and hosts all dressed up.

Super Contributor

No formal wear here anymore, I did for proms, my wedding and a dressy black dress for office parties.Since I retired I never even wear heel and panty hose unless for special occasions.

Super Contributor

On 2/28/2014 ennui1 said:
On 2/28/2014 lovemygigi said:

I don't attend many black tie events but there are several dresses/pieces from the items they are selling that I could easily incorporate into my day to day life. For example, I would wear the red Nicole Richie dress just about anywhere I might go "out". I would just accessorize it differently depending on where I was going.

Like, out to the grocery store? Out to the post office? Out to the vet?

Seriously! Oh yes this very formal chiffon gown would work perfectly with my luxury yachting lifestyle..as soon as I get off this QVC message board I intend to put on my size 2 evening gown and head to the my gala at the White House.

Respected Contributor

On 2/28/2014 MarenSeattle said: My High School Senior Prom. 1970. Not once since then.

haha laughing here! me too, 1969. Well if you want to get technical I was dressed up in a floor length gown for my first wedding in '79. No formal events since then. I am deeply rooted in the upper Midwest, and not in a major metro area. Around here we are casual for most things. Plus I am not a red carpet type. More like a beige, stain-resistant carpet type lol. I don't run with the "in" crowd I guess.

Harmonize the World
Frequent Contributor

On 3/1/2014 peace6576 said:
On 2/28/2014 ennui1 said:
On 2/28/2014 lovemygigi said:

I don't attend many black tie events but there are several dresses/pieces from the items they are selling that I could easily incorporate into my day to day life. For example, I would wear the red Nicole Richie dress just about anywhere I might go "out". I would just accessorize it differently depending on where I was going.

Like, out to the grocery store? Out to the post office? Out to the vet?

Seriously! Oh yes this very formal chiffon gown would work perfectly with my luxury yachting lifestyle..as soon as I get off this QVC message board I intend to put on my size 2 evening gown and head to the my gala at the White House.

I will ignore your sarcasm and reply. By 'out' I was referring to lunch and shopping, a wine tasting, dinner. With a flat sandal or casual wedge for less formal and a dressier shoe and accessories for something more formal, like a wedding or upscale restaurant. Even hair and makeup have an effect on how an outfit comes across in terms of formality. I wear maxi dresses year round and some are dressier than others. I own two that are very similar to this Nicole Richie one and I find them to be very flexible in how and where they can be worn. Sorry if you find that unbelievable.

In the future, if I plan to stop at the pharmacy along the way to lunch I'll make sure to bring a change of clothes. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}