Respected Contributor

Re: OT/anyone ever use the Saint Anthony prayer to find things?

RE: st. Joseph statue for selling your house. Once you've sold the house, you're supposed to clean the statue and display it in a place of honor in your new home.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

On 8/20/2014 tigriss said:

What is the prayer? I need to find a good husband!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Good and husband in the same sentence, I just don't know anymore. I had a very good husband but unfortunately he passed away. My friends have husbands that treat them like I wouldn't ever treat my cats! So you may need to pray to St. Jude, he's the saint of the impossible. I'm Italian and always pray to St. Anthony and he always comes through. I also pray to St. Dymphna, for my anxiety and stress or anything emotional and St. Peregrine, who is the patron saint for cancer patients. I had colon cancer years ago, but always include him in my prayers. And can't forget the angels, they are all around us. Anytime I'm out with my mom and she needs to find a parking space she always asks her angel to help her find one, and then there one is! Oh and they say St. Christopher was demoted because they did not know enough about his life but many still believe he is still a saint. He's the saint of transportation and travelers, not to find a husband that is unless you want a traveling husband! Smiley Wink.
Super Contributor

On 8/20/2014 MarthainMD said:

All the time and yes it does work.

Tigriss - I think to find a good husband you have to pray to St. Christopher.

Nope, St Christopher was for travel and I think they kicked him out.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I've used this prayer in the past and it worked!

Super Contributor

On 8/20/2014 terrier3 said:
On 8/20/2014 Kind1too said:

I skip the middle man and go straight to God!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Catholics utilize a LOT of middle men! There is a saint for every situation.

I've always been told it is not different than a child asking their mother or father to intervene with the other parent. I am extremely grateful for my saints. I am especially very proud of St Pope John Paul II. Our wonderful Polish Pope.

I lost my job just before going to apply for my second child. I prayed to Mary Mother of the Sea and was called back to the company after 11 months. Twenty months later I had my daughter and her name is Marissa. It is a variation of Maris, which is Latin for 'of the sea'. It can also be spelled Marrisa, Merissa or Marisa. Marissa also means "little Mary" referring to the Virgin Mary.

Esteemed Contributor

Always, and, it always works!

Trusted Contributor

If any of you have the opportunity, a must see is the movie of the Life of St. Antonio. His name was not Anthony when he was born, it was Franciscan and he was baptized Fernando. It is extremely interesting and I found it to be so heart warming and emotional. I saw it in our church, we have religious movies once a month and this one was one of the best.
Esteemed Contributor

My dear, Catholic friend swears by it -- but not while she's praying.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I was in a very Irish Catholic home, but don't practice anymore. But St. Anthony has brought me through some very very tough situations in my life.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

On 8/20/2014 MoJoV said:

I was in a very Irish Catholic home, but don't practice anymore. But St. Anthony has brought me through some very very tough situations in my life.

I also do not practice most of the time. I still do lent and holidays for my kids though. It's funny how we just never let go of our saints though.