Valued Contributor

Re: OT High School Graduation gift amount?

@Day1128 wrote:

Since you asked how much you should send, and NOT should you do it ( I don't get these posters who won't answer what is asked, but instead give advice on a topic you didn't ask about). 

It's a nice gesture that you are making and I think for a high school graduate that you don't know well, a $25-$30 gift card would be nice. If you knew the person well, maybe $50.

Thanks. I think a check will do as I don't know what kind of gift card to get for him. It will be easy to put in a card and mail out.

Trusted Contributor

@hb wrote:

Casual friends, I give a check in the amount of the graduate's year.

This year would be:  $20.16

VERY CLEVER - I really like that idea !

Honored Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

You met someone when they were 12, you don't socialize with the mother, and now you're invited to an open house?  Weird.

I know her through business, and I guess she thinks I would like to go to a party! LOL

Marybella,  honey, wake up and smell the coffee.  It's a gift grab. . . LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

Since you asked how much you should send, and NOT should you do it ( I don't get these posters who won't answer what is asked, but instead give advice on a topic you didn't ask about). 

It's a nice gesture that you are making and I think for a high school graduate that you don't know well, a $25-$30 gift card would be nice. If you knew the person well, maybe $50.

Well, us posters who said we wouldn't go didn't ask you for your advice about that but you gave it to us anyway.  What's your point here?????  Woman Frustrated

Frequent Contributor

I love that idea of 20.16 but I do think 25 dollars is a good amount.

Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

My husband and I have been invited to an open house for a young man who I met once when he was 12. His mother is someone I met through business and we don't see each other socially. We will be out of town the day of the open house, but I'd like to send a monetary gift. How much would you send?

$25 or an itunes giftcard for the same amount.