Contributor

I posted a complaint the other day about a computer I ordered, tried to cancel and was told it was too late so waited and waited for the computer to get here but never did. I called the CS at QVC and she said "oh the vendor cancelled that several days ago." Never sent me an email, phone call, text or anything telling me. (By the way, that computer is still showing "Processing" in my account.) Then I ordered a tennis bracelet 2 weeks ago and the tracking number shows it has been sitting at a post office in Houston somewhere for 7 days and QVC said nothing they can do I have to wait till Sept. 15 to cancel and get a refund.

Well today I received (only took 3 days which shocked me) the 3-piece Philosophy set of bath scrub, lotion, and fragrance (over $100). I only wear Amazing Grace EVER. So I open the box and lo and behold there is a 3-piece set of "Unconditional Love" which stinks to high heaven. I double checked my order online AND on the receipt and it is plain and clear I ordered "Amazing Grace." How does QVC stay in business? This is beyond the pale.

It is really sad that QVC has come to this. I have been ordering from them for over 15 years. Certainly things can get screwed up occasionally but THIS. Really???? Heads need to roll in the shipping department or QVC will be going out of business soon.

Contributor
Greetings Janet!Don't blame you one bit!I have recently closed my account and have moved on as well.No more ordering and paying outrageous shipping for poor service for me!!!!In my opinion,QVC is going down hill fast along with their poor quality and poorer customer service.It's a shame.....I have been a customer for about 17/18 yrs.!
Respected Contributor
Having an aversion to "brick and mortar" ,I buy tons of stuff from QVC and Amazon.....I must say that I have virtually no issues/problems. In fact they are always hugely accommodating if some (relatively ) minor problem should arise. If I buy less from the Q these days, it is solely based on the fact that many times Amazon is less expensive or the same price with free 2 day delivery.
Super Contributor
Amazon baby!
Honored Contributor

For me the best place to buy Philosophy is always from the Phil website. sign up for their emails and get great deals, free shipping, no tax, and clearance prices. I would never buy Phil form the q with high shipping and tax.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/11/2014 Shelbelle said:

For me the best place to buy Philosophy is always from the Phil website. sign up for their emails and get great deals, free shipping, no tax, and clearance prices. I would never buy Phil form the q with high shipping and tax.

The sales tax charged is based on state regulations and is not set by QVC. I looked at something on the Philosophy web site and the price quoted actually said before tax so they must be charging sales tax as well. Also unless you have a special deal they DO charge for shipping and the charges are similar to Q's. The vanilla bean item I was considering was almost $6 to ship.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/11/2014 Danky said: Having an aversion to "brick and mortar" ,I buy tons of stuff from QVC and Amazon.....I must say that I have virtually no issues/problems. In fact they are always hugely accommodating if some (relatively ) minor problem should arise. If I buy less from the Q these days, it is solely based on the fact that many times Amazon is less expensive or the same price with free 2 day delivery.

Honored Contributor
On 9/11/2014 luvthatboxer said: Amazon baby!

Ditto!!

Although I have never had a problem with the Q, Amazon's free, 2 - day shipping with Prime makes it a sweet deal.

Esteemed Contributor

Strange goings on with QVC. You ordered a computer and THEY cancelled it...I ordered the Dell TSV this past weekend and tried to cancel it within 24 hours and couldn't- they had to send it to Corporate to cancel it - that was 8:30 Monday morning. It SHIPPED yesterday! I've talked to QVC 3 times about it, and they will not charge me to send it back. They misrepresented these computers in several ways, and it has really turned me off.

I'm sending back Denim & Co jeggings - if there is a woman out there anywhere that these things would fit, I would like to see her! They are so strangely made, I'm not sure what they were made for, but it's definitely not a woman!

And I'm sending back a Joan Rivers plaid scarf that was listed as "Brown Plaid", and it looked like it had a dark brown in it. There is not a single spot of BROWN on this scarf - what I thought was dark brown is just as black as it can be. Along with that goes a Joan Rivers jacket that fits everywhere except across the back of the shoulder area...it's so tight across the shoulder blades that I could never drive in it - so how does it fit everywhere else but is way too small in just that area?

I think I've finally learned my lesson - I've said it before but I unfortunately didn't stick to it - I'm taking a very LONG if not PERMANENT sabbatical from QVC! And I'm sure they'll be overjoyed at my decision!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Regular Contributor
Did you realize that if you return an item and the s/h says 4.95 on your statement, you will be charged 6.95. What's up with that?