Frequent Contributor

OK -- 'Fess up! Who ISN'T buying the Tarte TSV???

I can't be the only one who doesn't want it.

Well, I want parts of it, but not all of it, so I have decided not to order it.

I'm fair, but it sounds like the fair foundation may be too white for me, and the light is yellow-based, which won't work for me at all.

I'm not feeling any love for the eyeshadows, although if I loved the shadow colors in the upcoming A-D shipments, I could live with them... but the upcoming kits look like more of the same boring neutrals.

I don't like the liner, as it looks red-based, and those shades of plum always make me look like I have pinkeye. (Not really the look I'm going for, unless I intentionally want to "play sick" for the day.)

The gloss looks fine, but ordinary and possibly glittery. I would probably use it if I had it, but wouldn't rush to buy it. It reminds me of the glosses typically offered in Mally's kits. I like Tarte glosses, and use them a lot, but I wouldn't buy a whole kit for one gloss.

The blush looks pretty in the compact, but sounds like it may be more intense than it appears. I've read that a little goes a long way, and on my fair skin, I have to be very careful with blushes so I don't walk out of the house in the morning looking like I'm on my way to class at Clown College.

I love the foundation brush. There, I said it. That's the one item in the kit that I really, really want. But I'm also wondering if it is so dense that it wastes a lot of foundation, and also how much of a nuisance it will be to clean. It's not like you're using a powder foundation, which doesn't mess up the brush too badly. This is for liquid foundation, so I would think it would have to be washed or rinsed daily, which would be a real pain. Also, doesn't it take a long time to dry after you wash it? That's a big brush! And I'm also concerned that the glue holding the bristles in place will weaken fairly quickly if you have to wash the brush all the time. (See how I'm trying to tell myself that I don't need the brush? Work with me on this!)

So it looks like I'll be passing on this kit, but it looks like I may be in the minority. Everyone seems to love it, but although I agree that it looks pretty, I don't see it as being so much more incredible than any other makeup TSV. I have some Tarte makeup, and although, as I already mentioned, I do like the lip glosses, I don't feel that the other products are anything to write home about. I don't dislike them, but I don't love them, either, so I guess I'm wondering what all the fuss is about.

Please don't think I'm being snarky -- I am truly curious about this, because there has been so much discussion about this TSV here on the forum, yet it doesn't appear to be anything particularly unique.

Cat