Respected Contributor

None of the above! I use a matte grey eyeshadow that I brush on with a stiff angled brush.  It looks very natural and stays on all day.  Go figure!

Honored Contributor

I've tried a number of things, but I always come back to the YBF pencil.  Took me a bit of time to perfect it.  Just the right pressure, turn it just the right direction, just the right angle with the spoolie.  And it doesn't budge all day.  I spend the most amount of time on my brows when I do my makeup.  It just makes the biggest impact on someone's look, I think. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have a scar that NOTHING will cover, so I leave my brows alone.

Did you ever try Wunderbrow? I have seen it advertised, mainly in the Soft Surroundings catalog, and apparently it is supposed to cover anything and in fact won't come off for several days. I have never tried it but maybe it would work for you!

Honored Contributor

Pencil.  Right now I'm using IT because it came in a monthly subscription but I much prefer the YBF pencil.

I have tried every form of brow product and a pencil works the best because I have to fill in areas where I don't have brows and you can't do that with a lot of other products.

Occasional Contributor

Due to scarring, I had no brows.  I had permanent makeup done.  Love, love, love.  Check out her pictures.  Had these done at Ashevillepermanentmakeupclinic  dotcom.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Because I have to fill in some sparse areas of my brows I use a combination of products. I will use either YBF pencil to fill in the bare spots and then go over my brows with a brow powder by Covergirl in medium brown or use Dalton brow filler and then a powder.

I think it's a matter of experimenting to see what is easiest to use and what you like and what lasts.

I also want to add that I need to trim some long brow hairs as well so I use a brow comb and small scissors and trim any hairs that are too long.

And because I have some gray hairs in my brows I usually color them at least once a month with Just for Men Mustache and Beard in medium brown.

@TY

That's a brilliant idea!! I have brows but they're blonde so practically invisible.

I could pick a color darker than my natural color!

I'd probably fill in with a powder and then shape with a gel.

I have a few different brow products now. I like the brow 'mascara' or a powder best.

Just picked up NYX Brow Mascara for 6.99!

Honored Contributor

I use Anastasia dipbrow. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

Well, after years of over tweezing........I had it down to a science.......YBF's (Stacy on HSN) pencil....which now IT cosmetics has the same universal pencil.............and at Target I get Sonia Kashuk's BROW KIT.......love it, I use a sephora eyebrow brush.

Then the dreaded chemo took my brow's and I had to REMEMBER where they were?????.......it was a chore but yet one more thing I OVERCAME. With my loyal stand-by products. 

Now chemo is over, God has once again blessed me, my brows have grown back thicker........and the dilineage (?) is quite obvious so I still use these two faithful products.

DON'T FORGET YOUR BROWS...... they really do frame the face. Gerri

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@TY wrote:

Because I have to fill in some sparse areas of my brows I use a combination of products. I will use either YBF pencil to fill in the bare spots and then go over my brows with a brow powder by Covergirl in medium brown or use Dalton brow filler and then a powder.

I think it's a matter of experimenting to see what is easiest to use and what you like and what lasts.

I also want to add that I need to trim some long brow hairs as well so I use a brow comb and small scissors and trim any hairs that are too long.

And because I have some gray hairs in my brows I usually color them at least once a month with Just for Men Mustache and Beard in medium brown.

@TY

That's a brilliant idea!! I have brows but they're blonde so practically invisible.

I have a few different brow products now. I like the brow 'mascara' or a powder best.

@Andreatoo

Check out the Just For Men website to see the colors of the Just For Men for Mustache and Beard as they do have a dark blonde and a light brown shade. It's easy to use to color your brows as the bleach and gel color developer are both thick and come in tubes. You mix a bit of each, maybe a baby thumbnail's worth of each in the mixing tray and apply it with a small angled brow brush or a spoolie brush (like an old clean mascara wand). Some people use a toothpick to apply the stuff to your brows. I use a 10X magnifying mirror to easily see what I'm doing as I try and be precise about applying the mixture. I leave it on for at least 15 minutes, sometimes longer as gray brow hairs can be hard to color. Then use a damp paper towel to wipe away the mixture and clean up any residue on your brows.

Because I use a medium brown shade (but I've used the light brown and dark brown shades too) I try and wipe up any color outside my brow line while the mixture is on my brows as I find that the darker shades can stain the skin.

How often you need to repeat the coloring also depends on how and what you wash your face and use on your skin as I find that salicylic and glycolic acid peel pads can also lift the dyed color from the gray brow hairs similar as to what you can experience when you color your hair and you get color lifting at the hairline from your skin products. A box of Just For Men for Mustache and Beard lasts quite a long time since you only mix up what you need to do your brows.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@TY wrote:

@TY

@Andreatoo

Check out the Just For Men website to see the colors of the Just For Men for Mustache and Beard as they do have a dark blonde and a light brown shade. It's easy to use to color your brows as the bleach and gel color developer are both thick and come in tubes. You mix a bit of each, maybe a baby thumbnail's worth of each in the mixing tray and apply it with a small angled brow brush or a spoolie brush (like an old clean mascara wand). Some people use a toothpick to apply the stuff to your brows. I use a 10X magnifying mirror to easily see what I'm doing as I try and be precise about applying the mixture. I leave it on for at least 15 minutes, sometimes longer as gray brow hairs can be hard to color. Then use a damp paper towel to wipe away the mixture and clean up any residue on your brows.

Because I use a medium brown shade (but I've used the light brown and dark brown shades too) I try and wipe up any color outside my brow line while the mixture is on my brows as I find that the darker shades can stain the skin.

How often you need to repeat the coloring also depends on how and what you wash your face and use on your skin as I find that salicylic and glycolic acid peel pads can also lift the dyed color from the gray brow hairs similar as to what you can experience when you color your hair and you get color lifting at the hairline from your skin products. A box of Just For Men for Mustache and Beard lasts quite a long time since you only mix up what you need to do your brows.

Yep.

You can also apply it using a tightly-wrapped or pointed cotton swab.

A little bit of rubbing alcohol will remove the excess; just wash the area afterwards. And apply some aloe vera gel if there's any irritation.