Respected Contributor

Re: O/T...does anyone here have a Fitbit?

@joannecha  Where is it on sale?  Or is only the band on sale?  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the One and love it.  I don't know that I'd wear a band.  If you go to the fitbit website you can compare all the different styles to see which functions you'd like the most. 

Valued Contributor

ADORE my Fitbit Charge---actually maybe ADDICTED to it (in a good way!!! :-))  Also, the little side button fell off a couple months ago, and their customer service was fabulous. They sent me a replacement one in just a few days.  I purchased the first one at Costco in July of '15.  Just got an email saying I earned my Great Barrier Reef Badge---have walked the 1600 mile length of the reef since I first got it!  Boy, the steps do add up for sure!

KK

Honored Contributor

this question has come up before here, so you can search and see what others bought.

I like the one clips to my belt/bra, going into my 3rd year with it.

Frequent Contributor

If counting your steps / distance is what you are interested in your cell phone might already do that for you. My iPhone 5S tracks this in Health App that is part of the iOS ( built in). Check it out, you might save yourself some money.

Esteemed Contributor

What @brewhaha said!!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

For me, it's the Fitbit One.  

Super Contributor

I have the fit bit one and i love it.  I don't want to wear a wristband all the time - I just attach it onto my bra between the cups and it never gets in the way.

Honored Contributor

I have the FitBit Charge HR and I really like it. The Alta is beautiful and looks much better than the Charge. Unfortunately, the Alta doesn't have a heart rate monitor and doesn't have a buckle on the band, it just has the two pegs that go into the holes on the band. I feel like those bands are not as secure as the buckle on the Charge HR. I had a FitBit Force that had a similar closure and it was hard to use and didn't feel as secure. When people report their FitBits come undone and fall off, it's the type that use the peg and hole closure instead of the buckle.

My FitBit has definitely made me more aware of how much I move throughout the day and has motivated me to be more active.

Occasional Contributor

I've had the Fitbit One for 3 years and the Alta for a month and love them both.  The Alta has features that the One doesn't; therefore, it keeps me more motivated.  I use the One on the treadmill and stationary bike (I put it on my shoe when on the bike).  When I've finished, I sync it and switch to the Alta for the rest of the day.  With both Fitbits on my account, all steps are credited.

If you get the Alta, spend a few dollars more and get a little packet of fasteners/belts from Amazon to prevent the Alta's band from unhooking and possibly getting lost.  These fasteners come in lots of colors and really work when you slide it over the Alta's clasp.  Put "Alta accessories" in Amazon's search bar and these little belts are available from several different manufacturers.