Contributor

O/T Warning to Ebay buyers (like me)

Hi Guys. I bought Josie Maran Argan Oil from Ebay and received it a few days ago. When I opened it I put a drop on my hand and it seemed thinner than my old bottle. So I smelled it, and it just seemed to be lacking that "nutty" smell I'm used to with her product and like. So I compared it to my old bottle which luckily I still had, and found out it was a very good fake!! The products itself was just a little bit lighter, and the words on the packaging were a little different, for example, "cold-pressed argan oil 100%" instead of "100% cold-pressed" (I'm paraphrasing). I was so angry I immediately emaied her and threatened to contact ebay. She must have gotten scared or something, and after a few questions she credited my paypal immediately. The funny thing was, this woman had over 3,000 sales with a 96.8% rating!!! If I didn't have the old bottle to compare I would have thought I didn't remember properly and I would have used it, never knowing it was watered down or worse. So I guess my advice after all of this would be if a person doesn't have a 100% rating, don't buy from them!