Respected Contributor

O/T ~ Question for Amazon Shoppers.....

When ordering from Amazon, do you receive an invoice/statement inside the box?  I NEVER do and want one.

Any suggestions?  TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: O/T ~ Question for Amazon Shoppers.....

I never get an invoice either. If I want to look it
up, I go to their web site. It's all there.

I don't think they ever delete any of them..

Maybe if you request one, it's worth a try.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Esteemed Contributor

I think not enclosing a paper receipt is part of Amazon's "green effort."  I see their point of view, but also get it that some people like the printed receipts just because that's what they prefer, or for instance if the purchase is business-related and one needs paper documentation for the IRS.  Whatever the reason its very easy to go into your order history and print one.  I actually like having paper receipts when I'm gift shopping because of the way I keep track of who I bought what for.  I print at time of ordering.  

Another thing to bear in mind with Amazon is that if you require a return you don't use the original receipt for that.  You have to go into the site and print the return form.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

When ordering from Amazon, do you receive an invoice/statement inside the box?  I NEVER do and want one.

Any suggestions?  TIA

I think not sending a receipt is a security issue. I can find an invoice for my orders on the site.

Trusted Contributor

Spoiler

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

Any suggestions?  TIA

Just request one.  I receive one most times. 

Honored Contributor

An invoice is available online with your order information.  I like that better as all those invoices from orders are such a waste and just end up in the shredder.

Trusted Contributor

I almost never receive one. It would only end up in the huge stack for paper waiting to be shreded anyway. If I felt I did want one quickly available, I'd ;just print from the Amazon website to a file on my computer. 

Honored Contributor

I always get a receipt

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

Any suggestions?  TIA

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Anything that reduces clutter is a win for me. I save my QVC invoices, for what? I can always get info from website. Its a compulsion learned from my Depression era mother and grandmother, never throw out anything. I've spent my life fighting that urge.
Honored Contributor

I'm happy not to get one.  I was a little taken aback at first but I got used to it quickly.  Like everyone said, you can look up your order history online, and it goes all the way back to the beginning!  Not like QVC that cuts off after a few years.  They ought to take a lead from amazon and sort the orders by year.

And I really wish QVC would stop using those peel-off invoices.  I can't put them in my home shredder because they get stuck to the roller and are close to impossible to remove.  I only once accidently got part of one in there.  What an awful time I had.

I have bagged my QVC peel-off invoices and have to take them to some sort of public shredding place.  What a nuisance.    (I return very little, and when I do I print out a return form since they are bigger and fit over the old label better than the peel-off one.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.