Super Contributor

Does anyone have any opinions on any of the pressure washers on the Q?

I believe the most power (strongest) of the ones they offer is 1800 PSI. If you own one of these, what do you use it for?

Yay or Nay, and why?

Thank you

Honored Contributor

I bought one a couple of months ago that was offered as an OTO. It's not as powerful as the 1800, but that's OK with me. I plan to use it for washing my outdoor polywood furniture, maybe our cars, and our vinyl siding. I might also use it for window washing.

Honored Contributor

I have one I use on my terrace floor which is huge. I also use it to wash the aluminum frame for my screening. Came from HD years ago. I have no idea about the QVC brand, but I did hear Lowe's advertising one two days back - $299 w/1800 psi.

Respected Contributor

Don't pressure wash the vinyl siding because water will get under it and sit on the insulation and cause rot/mildew growth. I just spray mine with bleach water, diluted so it doesn't harm the plants and grass, then take a water hose on the jet stream setting. That is enough power to get the bits off. I live on a dirt road, so there is always tons of dust and junk. I did use a pressure washer on my decks and car, but find that bleach water and a stiff brush really scrubs them cleaner, so I just do that. Mine aren't large, so I don't worry about how quick I get things done.

If I had a concrete drive, a patio, larger deck, I would use a pressure washer.

Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2015 tigriss said:

Don't pressure wash the vinyl siding because water will get under it and sit on the insulation and cause rot/mildew growth. I just spray mine with bleach water, diluted so it doesn't harm the plants and grass, then take a water hose on the jet stream setting. That is enough power to get the bits off. I live on a dirt road, so there is always tons of dust and junk. I did use a pressure washer on my decks and car, but find that bleach water and a stiff brush really scrubs them cleaner, so I just do that. Mine aren't large, so I don't worry about how quick I get things done.

If I had a concrete drive, a patio, larger deck, I would use a pressure washer.

Thanks for the suggestion on the siding. I certainly don't want any damage. It's kind of frustrating when this is on of the applications they showed in the demo. We put in a Unilock paver patio a couple of years ago. I wondered about using the pressure washer. I keep thinking it will lift out the locking sand and wash it away.

Honored Contributor
Our pressure washer came from Lowe's. When my husband said he wanted one, it seemed only natural to go there and buy what he wanted. We viewed this as an important purchase, and not something I would buy from QVC.
Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2015 RedTop said: Our pressure washer came from Lowe's. When my husband said he wanted one, it seemed only natural to go there and buy what he wanted. We viewed this as an important purchase, and not something I would buy from QVC.

I agree. I would get it locally, unless I needed the flex pay options, because of needing to return it after I use it and something happens. Lowe's also offers warranties. Electric ones are lighter than gas powered ones, but the gas one last longer. Read reviews.

I do know people do use it to do their siding,but solid siding is different than vinyl. They probably included that you don't need to be close up washing it with the pressure washer so it works more like a power hose instead of full pressure. I've got a long RV/Big Rig brush so it is 96" reach and flow through. That really helps when I have to scrub at something. I got mine on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

http://www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to-clean-vinyl-siding/#.VSayN_ldXng

This has good cleaner recipes. I use oxyclean or bleach, but I will be doing the detergent mix since there is more junk up there and needs stronger bleach mix. I use a garden sprayer for spraying, but I'm looking at one of those you can use with your water hose.

Super Contributor

OK, everything all of you said makes perfect sense and buying local is what I will

do. The return of a product would be a hassle. I also hadn't given any thought of gas or

electric.

I truly appreciate all your help and tips. Great ideas and I need all the help I can get, as I've

never done much outside work.

It just might be free entertainment for DH and the 'hood.

LOL

Thanks again