Honored Contributor

Re: O/T - Our cruise excursion makes a stop at a 'clothing optional' beach - would you??

.DH would love it. He's a man with a one track mind. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T - Our cruise excursion makes a stop at a 'clothing optional' beach - would you??

On 9/19/2014 Love my grandkids said:

I have no interest in seeing other people naked nor would I be naked in front on others.

Yes, what she said. When I was younger I wasn't as modest as I am now. Mostly a change of mindset than anything.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

No ... in fact I would never go on a cruise that had that sort of thing on its schedule.

Super Contributor

That 'sort of thing' is not on the schedule. It's an excursion that I booked that's also not with that particular cruise line. Another group in onboard and they'll be running it. But it's not type of group, either. It's just a stop on the excursion.

Anyway, yes, I'd have no problem going topless but I also don't think DH should get away with being able to wear his bottoms - heck, that's every day around the house!! If I'm going to be a bit uncomfortable, I think he should be, too!!!

Respected Contributor

On the Mediterranean side of Spain women of all ages go topless. 80 year old women, and nobody gives it any thought. In my younger years I'd do the topless beach, but don't think I could now. I defo wouldn't be comfortable completely nude.

But YOU should do what makes YOU happy.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't. I had a chance when I was in college, and wouldn't then either, even though it was in Europe and I'd never see the people again. I thought about it carefully - I LOVE the water, and who wouldn't love that feeling of freedom?

I also had a chance to go to a bath house in Japan. One of my friends did, but I just couldn't - unless it was all female, and it wasn't.

My top came off in the ocean once when I was on a blind date - does that count? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure. I always thought I was a nudist at heart but not sure if it actually came down to it. I would be more inclined to go bottomless than topless and would make sure I had a fresh wax before the cruise just in case.

Honored Contributor

Topless no problem because the girls like to be free, lol. But I'd still wear a bikini bottom- got to protect the girl parts from unwanted sand. {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I get naked whenever I can, lol- I should have lived during the 60's.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

I've never been to a nude beach, but I did go to a nudist resort on a dare. It's no big deal unless you have a modesty problem of course. I have a pool & skinny dip every chance I get.

Respected Contributor

If everybody else is nude, then you would blend in with the crowd. I might give it a try, nothing ventured, nothing gained.