Respected Contributor

For all you single ladies out there, it is quite an experience buying a new car. All I can say is get competitive quotes from numerous dealerships and hold your position.

OK, you've been going to the same dealership for years, yes, and thought since I was this loyal customer, they knew me, I trusted them....quite wrong and very disappointing.

It would of cost me an additional $2500 if I didn't "shop" around....that's an incredible difference and quite true.

It's supposed to be "painless" now shopping the internet too....you know they give you a quote and it's supposed to be the lowest price since you're not coming into the dealership and actually sitting with anyone....that's not true either. Use the internet pricing to your benefit but also visit the dealership.

....and everything is negotiable....get free oil changes for 2 years, get tire rotations free, ask for free car washes if they don't offer them.....and not sure about your State, but in our State they ALLOW for paperwork processing charges which are generally $100-$150...this is an additional fee just for the contract..nothing to do with tax or title fees. Why do they charge that....because the State allows for it.....I had them take it off, I'm so sick of that fee on my contract (they never tell you about it, it just appears on your contract) so this time around I just came out and told them I'm not paying it.....so be it, reduce the price more.

Many of you have husbands and usually the both of you buy it together but there are quite a few of us who have to do things by ourselves.