Frequent Contributor
I am having a very hard time finding a sheet set with a fitted sheet that stays tucked under the mattress and doesn't end up all loose on top of the mattress by morning. I really like the fitted sheet to stay tight. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good brand of sheets where the fitted sheet has good elastic and if so, where did you get them, etc.? Thanks so much!
Trusted Contributor

Re: O/T--Need good sheet set

It's not so much the brand, but the size. Check the measurements to make sure the fitted sheet has pockets deep enough for the thickness of your mattress. If the fitted sheet is too small, it won't stay on no matter what kind you buy.

Valued Contributor

H199460. These won't budge and I have a really tall memory foam padded pillow top! The elastic goes all the way around and is not just in the corners. I think I have and these about a year. I take them off, wash them and put them right back on. I love them that much. I am a cotton purist. These are and are very crisp so if you like silky satiny type sheets or stretchy poly blends you won't like these. These are 100% cotton and are nice sturdy sheets. Unfortunately I just looked and they are really limited in colors and sizes, only full and queen.
Frequent Contributor

Northern Nights - sold at QVC! Best sheets ever! I have a few sets and have purchased several for gifts - people love them. Last for years, wash great and best fit ever. Watch for sales but run around $40 for King. I have a few cotton sets, but right now on my bed are the chunky flannel sheets - very nice and coz y-not hot and very soft after many washings. Check out the reviews - very good quality with elastic all around so the stay tight.

Valued Contributor

Malden mills polar fleece here at qvc. I love these sheets and they stay on great. Are comfy, soft and keep you warm without over heating you.
Honored Contributor

I have a ummmm 'thing' about sheets. I like 1000 thread count cotton sheets. When I take them out of the dryer they have too many wrinkles.

So I take them to my local cleaners. I've developed a friendship with the lady that owns it. I get all of my sheets (top & bottom and pillow cases) starched and ironed by her.

I like to wash them with my specific soap. In fact she liked my soap so much (she said she can smell it when she steams the sheets) that I bought her a big container of it.

Her prices are reasonable. I change the sheets about every 6 days, sometimes a day sooner. I sleep in a king size bed with just my cat, so we're comfortable.

I'm getting ready to buy a new mattress (can't decide). I think I might try the ones Cardamom suggested. For some reason I don't see where I ordered them. QVC just had some 1,000 thread count on sale and I bought some of those.

Regular Contributor

I agree with the other posters about the Northern Nights sheet sets...they are fantastic!

For added security, you can add these sheet straps from Bed, Bath and Beyond:

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Respected Contributor

On 1/3/2014 annabellethecat said:

I have a ummmm 'thing' about sheets. I like 1000 thread count cotton sheets. When I take them out of the dryer they have too many wrinkles.

So I take them to my local cleaners. I've developed a friendship with the lady that owns it. I get all of my sheets (top & bottom and pillow cases) starched and ironed by her.

I like to wash them with my specific soap. In fact she liked my soap so much (she said she can smell it when she steams the sheets) that I bought her a big container of it.

Her prices are reasonable. I change the sheets about every 6 days, sometimes a day sooner. I sleep in a king size bed with just my cat, so we're comfortable.

I'm getting ready to buy a new mattress (can't decide). I think I might try the ones Cardamom suggested. For some reason I don't see where I ordered them. QVC just had some 1,000 thread count on sale and I bought some of those.

I came really close to buying that TSV. I got irritated with the crazy high s&h for the set with extra pillowcases. May have cut my nose to spite my face, though. I'll probably never find that amethyst color again. I, too, love ironed sheets but don't have the time to do it. So, I always "line dry" my sheets. I dry them on my deck weather permitting or on a drying rack in my laundry room. I've gotten to the point of never, ever putting them in the dryer. Like your idea, too.
Regular Contributor

My Northern Nights sheets fit my high mattress perfectly......they are far superior in fit than my much more expensive Dillard's sheet set.....which has never slipped off, but is much harder to get on......

Honored Contributor

Yes, imxpnsive. I agree. All of my sheets have mainly come from QVC but a few from HSN. They've held up really well even after putting them through the cleaners.

Bella, she charges me around $8 per sheet and $1 per pillowcase. I love the feeling of crawling into the bed with crisp sheets. You know how when you're in the hospital and the sheets feel so clean and crisp?

It's kinda of like that, but you're not sick! They stay clean longer too for some reason. I don't have to clean them that often. I probably could get away for longer. When I take them off they are still crisp and unwrinkled.

Jack the cat likes them too. I tell the cleaning lady that I think of her every night when I go to bed! She laughs! I've also bought her a set of high thread count sheets. I've given them to friends.

I gave my best friend a set and had them cleaned but she didn't like the expense or the way they felt. Everyone is different.