Trusted Contributor

I am over 60 and really not into current music. I know that Lady Gaga is REALLY popular/famous but she has just seemed weird to me. ANYWAY, I just saw some clips of her singing the standards with Tony Bennett. I think that she's REALLY AMAZING and obviously a very versatile artist. Have you seen her sing the standards? What do you think?

Super Contributor

She has an incredible voice. very versatile. She is amazing and I like her.

Honored Contributor

Lady Gaga is so incredibly talented. I don't understand why she felt she needed a gimic to make her mark in music. Her talent can speak for itself (this is something Bette Midler said recently about a lot of new singers, too).

If you look on YouTube of her performance at the Kennedy Center Honors, she does a wonderful tribute to Sting.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

She does have an amazing voice. I LOVED the muppet special she did and I love her duet with Elton John. With that said, I am not a fan of her other than her voice.

Esteemed Contributor

HSN had her and Tony on a while back....she sings a lot of the standards...I bought the CD they offered....its great....

Super Contributor

I agree that her new cd with Tony is fantastic. For anyone who only thinks she can sing mainstream pop, that cd really shows a different side of her and her vocals are so strong and pure sounding. The two of them make a great collaboration.

Super Contributor

I was a fan when she first hit the scene. However, I've grown bored with her gimmicky image. I really wish she would disassemble her circus and allow her music to speak for itself.

ETA: I've not heard her duets album with Tony Bennet. I was commenting on her mainstream pop image and music

Trusted Contributor
On 2/9/2015 Colonel Meow said:

I was a fan when she first hit the scene. However, I've grown bored with her gimmicky image. I really wish she would disassemble her circus and allow her music to speak for itself.

ETA: I've not heard her duets album with Tony Bennet. I was commenting on her mainstream pop image and music

You can catch the duets on You Tube. I don't even like the standards and I really enjoyed them. They seem like they really like each other and are having a great time.

Super Contributor
On 2/9/2015 turtle52 said:
On 2/9/2015 Colonel Meow said:

You can catch the duets on You Tube. I don't even like the standards and I really enjoyed them. They seem like they really like each other and are having a great time.

I'll have to take a look. It might be nice to allow Gaga to share the spotlight with a legend and take the circus down a notch. She is very talented, with a strong voice.

Trusted Contributor
Before she found fame as ""Lady Gaga"" she was in an old episode of The Sopranos - she played a friend of Meadow Smiley Happy