Honored Contributor

Sometimes it becomes necessary to do the research to determine which cosmetic and body treatments are best for you in particular.

In my spare time (!) I am starting to research this idea more thoroughly. 

I cannot tolerate cheap vitamins (throw them up)

My lips simply cannot be cured of painful chapping

The grandchildren have tremendously bad eczema

At least the EWG organization is an effective starting place to try and rid our family of as many cancer-causing agents and immune damaging ingredients as possible.

This appears to be a great site so far, but it is dated 2012.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Non-toxic cosmetics

[ Edited ]

@LTT1,

Yes, the EWG is wonderful. I've been "purging" toxins from my home for several years now. First it was food then I moved on to the skin care/ cosmetics (SkinDeep). I go to the EWG site quite often. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  Try Aquaphor for your lips. Apply each night and during the day. Available at drug stores and even Costco has it behind the counter.

Honored Contributor
I think I am allergic to glycols so I will check the ingredients for this one.
Honored Contributor

Re: Non-toxic cosmetics

[ Edited ]

Everything I have tried works for the "right-now" then the chap returns. I have some argan oil which I think is non-toxic. I just haven't tried applying it constantly throughout the day!

Super Contributor

I have extremely dry and chapped lips to and I found that a lip scrub helps tremendously. I use Lush Cosmetics sugar lip scrub. It's messy but it works.  Lush isn't all natural but it lists the ingredients and what is and isn't naturals

Honored Contributor

Beeswax lip balm I use has:

Ingredients: Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Beeswax, Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis sativa), Vitamin E (Tocopherol).
Honored Contributor

Raw shea eczema therapy butter:

Raw Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea Butter)*‚ Theobromo Cacao (Cacoa) Seed Butter *‚ Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter *‚ Olus Oil‚ Centhera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil*‚ Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil *‚ Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*‚ Carthamus Tintorius (Safflower) Oil*‚ Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil *‚ Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil *‚ Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice‚ Natural Wax Blend ( Carnuba‚ non-GMO soy)‚ Persea Gratissima (Avocado )Oil‚ Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosehip) Seed Oil‚ Olea Europsa (Olive ) Oil *‚ Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)‚ Topherol (Vitamin E)‚ Lonicera Chamolmile Oil‚ Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense) Oil‚ Myrrh Extract.

*Certified Organic Ingredient.

Cruelty-Free / Made in the USA.
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to cut/paste ingredient lists from products I use. I don't know of any other way to do it...lol!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Sometimes it becomes necessary to do the research to determine which cosmetic and body treatments are best for you in particular.

In my spare time (!) I am starting to research this idea more thoroughly. 

I cannot tolerate cheap vitamins (throw them up)

My lips simply cannot be cured of painful chapping

The grandchildren have tremendously bad eczema

At least the EWG organization is an effective starting place to try and rid our family of as many cancer-causing agents and immune damaging ingredients as possible.

This appears to be a great site so far, but it is dated 2012.

But hey, look on the bright side!   Woman Wink