Esteemed Contributor

No blow drying,Chaz is telling the truth,gals !!!

[ Edited ]

I have been listening to Chaz talk about letting our hair dry naturally for yrs now,thinking i cannot do that,i have awful dull,  fine blonde hair and need to blow it full.I have been using WEN since Chaz came to the Q and my hair has grown so long.It only would grow to about my sholder before WEN.now it is down my back.But i have been blow drying it all these yrs.Thinking i had to.

Well,last night I was in the shower ,washing my hair ,when an emergency happened upstairs in my daughters apt. I had to get out fast and of course No time to blow dry my hair. By the time everything was over ,my hair had dried into the cutest,nicest curls I ever had.

All day today my hair looked so nice and stayed curly. Tonite I just wet my hair in the shower,added a little more conditioner and my Wen mousse and there are those curls again ,only even better than last nite because I crunched them.

I intend to do this all summer ,now.I am reminded of Chaz saying how surprised the gals are when this happens. He is telling the truth ,gals.............I love it this way and i imagine my hair will love it even more  not being subjected to that dryer heat everyday      Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: No blow drying,Chaz is telling the truth,gals !!!

I live in AZ and never use a hair dryer (long hair drys by itself in about 20 minutes).............but I don't know how this would work in a humid climate.........or a COLD climate.    Can't imagine sleeping with a wet head up North in the winter..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

The only time I blow dry my hair is in the winter when it's really cold out.  I usually plan ahead, when possible, and wash it at night. 

Respected Contributor

I have to blow mine dry. If not, my hair is flat flat flat.
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I have been listening to Chaz talk about letting our hair dry naturally for yrs now,thinking i cannot do that,i have awful dull,  fine hair and need to blow it full.

Well,last night I was in the shower ,washing my hair ,when an emergency happened upstairs in my daughters apt. I had to get out fast and of course No time to blow dry my hair. By the time everything was over ,my hair had dried into the cutest,nicest curls I ever had.

All day today my hair looked so nice and stayed curly. Tonite I just wet my hair in the shower,added a little more conditioner and my Wen mousse and there are those curls again ,only even better than last nite because I crunched them.

I intend to do this all summer ,now.I am reminded of Chaz saying how surprised the gals are when this happens. He is telling the truth ,gals.............I love it this way and i imagine my hair will love it even more  not being subjected to that dryer heat everyday      Smiley Happy

Not everyone has cute curls.....my hair looks like ****** if I do not blow dry it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You make an important point even if it's not your main point:  Every person should work with her/his own hair type for maximum ease and attractiveness.  The only exception to this is those who are rich and go to the hairdresser all the time or those who are very skilled at doing their own hair.

I have curly hair that I've learned to appreciate.  I used to try to straighten it and even during that time put it all up in a hat sometimes when it was humid.  Unless I did that, my hair would balloon to three times its straightened size within 30 minutes.  This was when I was a young teen.  At age 16, I had my hair cut by the best hairdresser I've ever been to.  Unfortunately, he left the swanky Newbury Street salon in Boston that he worked in to start his own business soon after that.  I never found out where he went and have never met the likes of him since  even on Newbury Street.  He was an absolute genius at cutting my hair at exactly the perfect length and so that the curls would fall just right.  While that haircut grew out, it put me on the road to working WITH rather than AGAINST my hair type. 

I do hit my hair with the blow dryer sometimes to get the water out of it if I'm about to leave the house, but I leave it somewhat damp so that it doesn't look bad.  Everyone with curly hair knows that it takes a lot of skill to style it with a blow dryer all the way to dry without it becoming deformed. 

Trusted Contributor

I NEVER blow dry my hair - have always let it air dry. My hair is long and thick and very healthy, and I don't use WEN.

Regular Contributor

I love the way hair looks nice and smooth but I just have no patience to blow dry my hair.  Maybe once a year I blow dry my bangs Xmas daySmiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

You make an important point even if it's not your main point:  Every person should work with her/his own hair type for maximum ease and attractiveness.  The only exception to this is those who are rich and go to the hairdresser all the time or those who are very skilled at doing their own hair.

I have curly hair that I've learned to appreciate.  I used to try to straighten it and even during that time put it all up in a hat sometimes when it was humid.  Unless I did that, my hair would balloon to three times its straightened size within 30 minutes.  This was when I was a young teen.  At age 16, I had my hair cut by the best hairdresser I've ever been to.  Unfortunately, he left the swanky Newbury Street salon in Boston that he worked in to start his own business soon after that.  I never found out where he went and have never met the likes of him since  even on Newbury Street.  He was an absolute genius at cutting my hair at exactly the perfect length and so that the curls would fall just right.  While that haircut grew out, it put me on the road to working WITH rather than AGAINST my hair type. 

I do hit my hair with the blow dryer sometimes to get the water out of it if I'm about to leave the house, but I leave it somewhat damp so that it doesn't look bad.  Everyone with curly hair knows that it takes a lot of skill to style it with a blow dryer all the way to dry without it becoming deformed. 

@Ms X...you're so right about the right cut.  Even when I first started usting WEN I had not yet found my genius hairdresser until a few years later.  He is a genius at cutting my hair and now I do let it air dry.  My curls fall into place with no effort.  My hairdressers before him were just so-so and I still had to work with it a bit to get my style just right.

WEN + genius hair cutter = PERFECT, NO FUSS HAIR!

I've told my hairdresser he better not ever move away from this island! He has promised me he has no intentions of leaving.  All the haidressers I went through to find him...uggghhh...I hate to think I'd have to do that again.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I rarely blow dry and have all my life, pre-WEN even. My hair always looks better if I air dry versus blow dry regardless of what product I use.