Trusted Contributor

No, Dearest Jamie, those shades don't work on every skin tone.

It  is nearly impossible to express the depht of pain inflicted by such an innocent statement as " this blush works on every skin tone"  or "This taupe eye shadow is all you need"  IT cosmetics brings unsurpassed quality at affordable prices for, unfortunately, a select few.  The world is populated by people who comprise a rainbow of shades beyond those served by this otherwise perfect cosmetics vendor.  And it is nearly impossible to get anyone to empathize.  Just saying.

Honored Contributor

Re: No, Dearest Jamie, those shades don't work on every skin tone.

"the depth of pain inflicted"?  

It's makeup, for Pete's sake.

Honored Contributor

It isn't a select few, it's quite a few skintones as her colors are adaptable to many. Now, can EVERY skintone wear them? No. I can't. But I can't wear ANY department store foundation because they don't make my color. You harp on IT Cosmetics quite often on these forums. I sincerely hope you do the same on EVERY SINGLE line QVC, HSN and every department store sells for not carrying every shade of the rainbow. IF you don't, well, it tends to make one think you have it in for Jamie on a personal level.

Just saying.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please elaborate CoG.  By the way, the word is depth.  Just saying. 

Respected Contributor

@JLF you just made my Friday!
Respected Contributor

I can understand being fed up with the repetition of many vendors.  There are shades that are flattering for most skin tones, but there are exceptions like those at either end of the spectrum.  I am at the fair end of the spectrum and often find kits of makeup have many shades I don't find flattering on my skin, but this is why there are many to choose individually from or determine if the kit is worth not using the few you don't like.

Your opinion is heard, but it is just makeup. 

Trusted Contributor

Maybe Jaimie should say it works on some skin tones instead of every skin tone.

Not to speak for the op and I may be way off base, but I think she means the pain of feeling invisible and/or excluded.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

Maybe but I doubt it. If so, she would have a thread under every makeup line QVC offers...she doesn't.

I'm excluded from every line out there but I don't go on about it. There are far BIGGER issues in the world.

Regular Contributor

There's no shortage of cosmetic lines...just find another one that has your shade.  Sometimes you just have to move on.

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

It  is nearly impossible to express the depht of pain inflicted by such an innocent statement as " this blush works on every skin tone"  or "This taupe eye shadow is all you need"  IT cosmetics brings unsurpassed quality at affordable prices for, unfortunately, a select few.  The world is populated by people who comprise a rainbow of shades beyond those served by this otherwise perfect cosmetics vendor.  And it is nearly impossible to get anyone to empathize.  Just saying.

You are entitled to your feelings. Jamie is a grown woman who I'm sure can take criticism.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan