Esteemed Contributor

Re: Night Cream Users --- Some questions

We are in the same age range and have the same skin issues. I have a ton of allergies on top of it so I can not use anything that has a scent. I swear by the Dr. Denese skincare line because it works for me. I use the wrinkle defense duo for face and neck. (You can purchase as a set or individual). What works fo rmy skin is that you only need a tiny bit. I target the areas on my forehead and around my mouth and then just do a once over on my cheeks. This works better for me than moisturizer becuase most of those just break me out. 

Dr. Denese dream cream works well as a stand alone all in one product. I started out with this product and then was so pleased with how my skin looked that I tried some of the more advanced products.

Her Hydroshield serum (you only use a few drops for your entire face) works wonders but I can only use this once a day. If you do not have any deep wrinkles and since your skin is neither dry or oily this would be another consideration. The appearance of the skin is just amazing to me. I always had problematic skin and to finally find products that work for me after all these years is great!

Hope you have the same good luck that I did.   

Honored Contributor

I make sure my skin has all makeup removed before applying any moisturizer. This involves using either a cleanser such as micellar water, then toner to remove what was not removed by the micellar water.

I found that the Lancôme Bien Fait moisturizer of which I has a sample was too oily for me, it would have been great if I had dry skin. I have normal skin and had oily skin as a teen into 20's. I use the Lancôme Absolue Premium BX on my face at night along with its coordinating eye cream. I do not apply the eye cream to my lids, just below the brows and under the eyes. 

Once I have used up these Absolue products, I am switching to Lancôme Renergie as these work equally as well on me and are slightly cheaper than the Absolue line.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Shanus,   You can find at Acure Organics online or iherb.com.  I think I would go to Acure because recently iherb changed their shipping policy and I won't be purchasing from them.  It is cold pressed too.  Acure Organics has many fine products, check it out.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Katcat1

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,  WOW, 25% off now @ Acure!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1.  Great....Thanks. Money left to purchase a few pillows. 😂

Respected Contributor

I think it's a good idea to use a moisturizer over night, especially if you sleep in a room with low indoor humidity. I also have sensitive skin and have been using Olay original for sensitive skin. It sinks right in and doesn't feel like you put anything on. I've only been doing this the past few years and probably should have started certainly by age 30. I do believe it makes a difference later on.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

If you are neither oily nor dry, then why moisturize at all? You are already perfectly balanced. I think I am perfectly balanced, but I do moisturze for day because I want that extra protection against the elements.

To "argue" further...If you over-moisturize, your skin may get lazy and slacken in its production of natural oils, which is really your best moisturizer. (Does this really happen?)

But I would always give extra love and care to eyes and neck, especially since these are more vulnerable because of the skin structure in those areas.

However, you may consider nighttime moisture because there are always other things you are compensating for; i.e., climate & pollution, diet, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Hauschka is one of my very favorite skincare lines ( found at many co-ops and Whole Foods).  The Hauschka theory is that your skin is rejuvenating at night.  While serums can be used, your face should remain free of moisturizers during this quiet, restful time.  

I think you are doing it right!

Super Contributor

Just go to paulas choice website. She has the best info and products period. Pick what is right for your skin. Yu need retin a, Vit. C , spf and serum period to change skin.