Esteemed Contributor

Nexxus shampoo and conditioner

[ Edited ]

Can anyone tell me about their experience with this product ?  (Nexxus Hydrolite)

After 13 yrs of using Wen,it is just making my hair greasy  and  needing to be washed daily.      Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Nexxus shampoo and conditioner

I have used Nexxus, but that was a long long time ago. I remember it being a prestige line at the time. It did good things for my hair, I moved on as I switch around alot!

If I remember correctly one of the Redken partners went on to develop Nexxus.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I used it years ago, it was really heavy and and too many cones from what I remember. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I use Nexxus shampoo and conditioner. It's the moisturizing one...Humectress I think it's called. I use it several days a week and use Wen on the other days. Works well for my thick, dry, curly hair but I can see how it might be too heavy for someone with fine hair. Defintely thicker and richer than many of the other lines I've tried.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@peace6576 wrote:

I use Nexxus shampoo and conditioner. It's the moisturizing one...Humectress I think it's called. I use it several days a week and use Wen on the other days. Works well for my thick, dry, curly hair but I can see how it might be too heavy for someone with fine hair. Defintely thicker and richer than many of the other lines I've tried.

@peace6576

Yes,that is the one I ordred on Amazon. I have the fine ,blonde hair. I was hopeing for body. I sort of remember my niece  a hair stylest telling me to use it, but it  yrs ago. (sadly she has passed on ,so I cannot ask her)

Maybe I'll just use the shampoo and use Wen for a conditioner and see how that  goes.

Super Contributor

Give it a try. You may end up loving it as I do. I keep trying other ones but always end up going back to Nexxus. Just works for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't have fine hair. My hair is medium texture, thick, wavy with some curls and I'm always trying to reduce volume not increase it. Still hated that stuff though. But if it works for others fine. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Nexxus products.  They were formulated by Jheri Redding.  He was a  genius hairdresser and chemist.  He also made Redkin, Jhirmack and the famous Jheri curl.

I used his products in my professional career since 1972.

He has since passed, But his products live on.  You can use his products with confidence.

i am partial to his shampoo called Theappe.

Honored Contributor

Nexxus was revamped, oh, 10-12 years ago. It is not the same ingredients that I grew up using when it was an amazing product. The Nexxus Humectress was HG for me until they changed it... now it does nothing. Ever so often I'll buy a small bottle to see if the line went BACK to the good stuff and nope... still bleh. They added more protein and took out the bulk of the hydration aspect. 

If you never used it, you wouldn't know. Paul Mitchel makes some good stuff, btw.

Respected Contributor

Hydralight was good. I tried it once. Suave sea mineral infusion smells almost like it but the nexxus is lighter.  I really love love Nexxus Phyto Organics but  drugstore.com no longer sells it but i think you can get on amazon. I never had a bad exerience with Nexxus