Contributor

Hi there - I would like to try Wen. I was hoping that some of you ladies could assist me in the right direction. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} My hair is fine - I USE to have a lot of fine hair but I just took out my hair extensions that I had in for a year and the extensions really thinned my hair out. So needless to say, I am very sad about that. But now I feel determined to grow my hair out and have it even better than before ! Of course I would never get extensions again, but I learned the hard way. So, can you please recommend a cleanser for m hair type? My hair is very fine, bleached and mid length and my roots get oily easily. Thank you in advance for your help ladies.

Honored Contributor

Given your situation, I think you're going to need more than just a cleansing conditioner alone. For starters, I would direct you to use Tea Tree because it has scalp conditioning benefits that should help your hair growth. Secondly, I would encourage you to get started on using oils several times a week as an overnight scalp treatment. Again, this will help encourage new hair growth and you should also find that it helps to normalize your oil production. When you cleanse your hair, be sure to use the correct amount of cleansing conditioner stated on the bottle, and you need to rinse really, really well. Using too little product and insufficient rinsing are probably the two biggest mistakes that new users make. Also, when cleansing, split your total amount of cleansing conditioner in two and do a 2-step process. Think of it as you would with shampoo and conditioner. On the first application, once you have the product in your hair add a little water and work it up to a frothy cream, concentrating on your scalp. Massage it in with your fingertips. Using a WEN comb will help it distribute. When you rinse, the WEN comb will help you get the product out of your hair. On the second application, do the same thing with the splash of water, work on your scalp a little, but then concentrate on the length and ends. Rinse, rinse, rinse while using the comb to get everything out. Take a pea size of cleansing conditioner and add it back to the ponytail section of your hair as a leave-in. You really want to squeeze and press that into your hair. Chaz recommends using the Styling Creme as a heat protectant if you use a blow dryer and/or hot styling tools. Also, when you're drying your hair, use the nozzle on your dryer and keep it moving so you don't burn or damage your hair.

Frequent Contributor

I would strongly suggest Tea Tree and/or 613.

Valued Contributor
On 2/19/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Given your situation, I think you're going to need more than just a cleansing conditioner alone. For starters, I would direct you to use Tea Tree because it has scalp conditioning benefits that should help your hair growth. Secondly, I would encourage you to get started on using oils several times a week as an overnight scalp treatment. Again, this will help encourage new hair growth and you should also find that it helps to normalize your oil production. When you cleanse your hair, be sure to use the correct amount of cleansing conditioner stated on the bottle, and you need to rinse really, really well. Using too little product and insufficient rinsing are probably the two biggest mistakes that new users make. Also, when cleansing, split your total amount of cleansing conditioner in two and do a 2-step process. Think of it as you would with shampoo and conditioner. On the first application, once you have the product in your hair add a little water and work it up to a frothy cream, concentrating on your scalp. Massage it in with your fingertips. Using a WEN comb will help it distribute. When you rinse, the WEN comb will help you get the product out of your hair. On the second application, do the same thing with the splash of water, work on your scalp a little, but then concentrate on the length and ends. Rinse, rinse, rinse while using the comb to get everything out. Take a pea size of cleansing conditioner and add it back to the ponytail section of your hair as a leave-in. You really want to squeeze and press that into your hair. Chaz recommends using the Styling Creme as a heat protectant if you use a blow dryer and/or hot styling tools. Also, when you're drying your hair, use the nozzle on your dryer and keep it moving so you don't burn or damage your hair.

</ I agree with JLF! Very good advice. And just would like to add, don't be afraid to really rub it in to your scalp especially on the first cleanse. I knew a few people that didn't get great results at first because they were treating it as you would a normal conditioner. They thought that if they rubbed it in to their scalp too much that it would make their hair greasy. That is Not true. Wen is a Cleansing Conditioner. It cleans and treats! You just have to make sure you rinse it out completely. I think you'll be really happy with Wen, and the ladies on here are so great with answering questions and give really good advice. They have helped me a lot! Good luck with your Wen journey.

Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Frequent Contributor

I have hair exactly like yours. My favorite is Bamboo Green Tea. The cucumber aloe and TT are good as well, but the BGT is my favorite.

Contributor

Thank you so much for your detailed post!!!!! Do you suggest any certain kind of oils ? I know that WEN has several and I am not sure which one is good.

Contributor
On 2/19/2014 BethanyB said:

</ I agree with JLF! Very good advice. And just would like to add, don't be afraid to really rub it in to your scalp especially on the first cleanse. I knew a few people that didn't get great results at first because they were treating it as you would a normal conditioner. They thought that if they rubbed it in to their scalp too much that it would make their hair greasy. That is Not true. Wen is a Cleansing Conditioner. It cleans and treats! You just have to make sure you rinse it out completely. I think you'll be really happy with Wen, and the ladies on here are so great with answering questions and give really good advice. They have helped me a lot! Good luck with your Wen journey.

That is a good point BethanyB! I could see myself not really rubbing it in - thinking along the lines of a conditioner. Thanks !!

Contributor

Hi Jurby - is 613 more of a conditioning cleanser ?

Contributor

Hi cnd8 - Thanks - I will have to check those out!

Honored Contributor
On 2/19/2014 lambiepie said:

Thank you so much for your detailed post!!!!! Do you suggest any certain kind of oils ? I know that WEN has several and I am not sure which one is good.

I have hair similar to yours, just a little longer. I had an oily scalp situation and had to shampoo daily since my teens, but my oil production has normalized since I got more faithful with the oils and now I can cleanse every other day. Most of the time I either use WEN Tea Tree or WEN Cucumber Aloe, or WEN Sweet Almond Mint. It's going to have a medicinal type smell, but in your situation I think Tea Tree is good for you there, too. You might try looking on eBay for the 2 oz. bottles of WEN oil and try a couple of them to see which one you like best.

To apply: Tilt your head back and apply 3-4 droppersful. Get the tip of the dropper right down on your scalp and move the dropper back and around while dispensing. Then go back with your fingers, up under your hair, and massage the scalp. I then either sleep on a towel or wrap my head up in a turbie towel so the oil doesn't get on my pillowcase. In the morning, do a complete cleansing.