Super Contributor

Re: New Sephora lip stains.....

@Rosiebudsmom wrote:
I got a sample of the True Red in the Sephora Play box. I never would have tried this color but it really works for me so I purchased one. 😩

I also got the True Red sample and love it. This is the first red I've been able to wear without looking like a clown. 

Also, most longwearing lip products make my lips dry out and peel, but not this one.

I'll definitely be purchasing more!

Honored Contributor

@Rosiebudsmom wrote:
I got a sample of the True Red in the Sephora Play box. I never would have tried this color but it really works for me so I purchased one. 😩

I am s o got this in my Sephora Play Box,

Honored Contributor

@Rosiebudsmom wrote:

@Rosiebudsmom, I also got the sample and while red is definitely not my color I really liked the formula. I want to buy 1 or 2 of them but I'm not near a Sephora. It's hard to choose a color from a picture.

Honored Contributor

now i want to try some of these out!

my all time favorite stains were from urban decay......but they discontinued them a long time ago. they were long lasting. i bought a few when they were going to be discontinued.

one of the keys to making a good lip stain stay is to make sure to exfoliate your lips.

https://img.makeupalley.com/4/3/6/8/1982064.JPG

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45I loved the UD lip envy too.

@Funlovinghi girlfriend! Can you tell me which colors of the Stila you are raving about so much? What did you think of the Sephora brand compared to the Stila? I am looking for a matte "stain" that is MLBB but most turn brownish on me, even the ones that look mostly pink. I hate that!

@wvumountiefanthanks for the heads up on these. Do you like the makeup geek ones as much as the sephora and stila? Which makeup geek ones (color and type) did you buy? I got a few of the mug eyeshadows during her sale and I really like them. They remind me of some of the shadows I got from various brands years ago but no long are as nice as they used to be. It is nice to find quality, cruelty free makeup at a good price.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze  I bought Tomboy and Marriage Material from the Makeup Geek Matte creme, but it's a comfortable Matte. They are really nice colors, but honestly I have been reaching for the Sephora lip stains more. I do like the Makeup Geek. 

So glad you tried the eyeshadows. She's launching new eye products in either February or March. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@HappyDaze  I bought Tomboy and Marriage Material from the Makeup Geek Matte creme, but it's a comfortable Matte. They are really nice colors, but honestly I have been reaching for the Sephora lip stains more. I do like the Makeup Geek. 

So glad you tried the eyeshadows. She's launching new eye products in either February or March. 

@wvumountiefan I'm hoping she comes out with cream shadow sticks.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Funlovinghi girlfriend! Can you tell me which colors of the Stila you are raving about so much? What did you think of the Sephora brand compared to the Stila? I am looking for a matte "stain" that is MLBB but most turn brownish on me, even the ones that look mostly pink. I hate that!

Hi @HappyDaze

Well girlfriend, I spoke too soon on the shade from Sephora.  When I get a chance (work is relentless right now) I'll go back to Sephora to look for a deeper shade because the formula is so good.  The one I bought is #32 Nude Blush and much TOO LIGHT- though looks great as a topper over a deeper shade.

The MLBB I LOVE is Stila's in Patina.  I think both formulas are comparable, that's why Sephora's is such a good deal... if you can find your shade.  I'm darker complected than you; on the higher scale of medium and even a bit tan even though I wear sun protection.  As I recall you're more fair.  I suggest you go play! Smiley Wink

Great to see you, lovely!

Respected Contributor

Hey ladies,

My goal with these comfortable long wear lip liquids is to pick a darker shade but still a MLBB, even if you've forgotten how much pigment you had in your lips in your youth.  You can always pop it with any lip product- like regular lipstick.  The idea is to have the darker lipstick stay on your lips.. like those lips you were born with. 

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying not wearing liner and having darn near perfect definition with my new pigmented lips.   I guess it's sort of like the craze when people were having their lip color tattooed (something I would never do) without the commitment. Also, I don't sleep in it.  that was purely an experiment..lol...  Even if it looks a bit too dark, that's the idea.. IMO anyway.  A light shade on its own doesn't look good-- again IMO.  With clean hands if I do pop a lighter shade to the center of my lips,  I use my little finger and swipe the pigment from the wand to apply.  This assures it you get only a small amount You could use a lip brush too.  I use the wand for the darker base color.  You want a good precise wand to follow the shape of your lips - OR,  I suppose with this formula you could cheat it a bit for fuller lips-- without looking like a cartoon character. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze-

Forgot to mention, Stila's comes in a bigger tube.  I'm at my desk right now... so not sure how much each contain.  I'd guess they cost pretty close to the same per application.