Regular Contributor

Instead of making new fragrances I wish they would work on fixing the classics that they destroyed. I got a new Amazing Grace recently because I finally finished all my old stock and wow it now smells more like White Musk than AG Smiley Sad

Contributor
I love Pure Grace and Sunshine Grace. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy it. In my experience the summer fragrances seem to sell out quickly. FYI: Philosophy website appears to have a sale going on now. I received an email about it earlier today.
Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I am planning to try it. I love Pure Grace and Sunshine Grace. Was not a fan of Summer Grace or Falling in Love Summer.

Interesting, the set includes a "2 N 1" body cleanser and moisturizer, not a 3 N 1 that we usually get.

Cindy

I went to Macy's today to try out this new one and I love it.  The new cleanser/moisturizer is wonderful too.  They had a set there for $54 and I was in the process of purchasing it when the lights went out and we all had to leave the store.  I waited around the mall for two hours and it was still out.  Needless to say I didn't get to buy it.  It kind of reminds me of Sunshine Grace.  It seems to last too. 

Trusted Contributor

I went to Macy's today to try out this new one and I love it.  The new cleanser/moisturizer is wonderful too.  They had a set there for $54 and I was in the process of purchasing it when the lights went out and we all had to leave the store.  I waited around the mall for two hours and it was still out.  Needless to say I didn't get to buy it.  It kind of reminds me of Sunshine Grace.  It seems to last too. 

Wow! Thanks for the review! Sorry that you could not purchase. If it reminds you of Sunshine Grace, which I LOVE, I will probably like this. I will probably order from phil dot com since they have a promo right now and I tested the promo....pure grace summer is not excluded. (usually they exclude new items).

Thanks again!

Cindy

Trusted Contributor

I am excited to smell the new Pure Grace Summer, but like MissSugarKane, I really do wish they would fix whatever went wrong with their classic scents.

Like many of you, I adored Pure Grace, but the scent changed.  If this one gets positive reviews, I'm sure I'll give it a try.

Just not to excited by the body wash/moisturizer concept though.  It doesn't sound like it lathers, so I would probably pass on that product and hope the perfume is sold separately.

Honored Contributor

I love Pure Grace, but I doubt I'll like this one with citrus added in.  

Pure Grace,

Flowerbomb

Angel in the Winter

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid--my 4 favorite scents.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I went back to Macy's to purchase the kit and I tried it on again and this time I didn't care for it.  I smelled coconut in it this time.   I guess there was a reason the lights went out yesterday before I could buy it.  LOL

Contributor
I also went to Macy's to try this fragrance. I did not like it at all. It actually made me nauseous. It reminded me of other perfumes out there on the market. The reason I love Philosophy Pure Grace and Sunshine Grace is because they don't smell like store bought perfume. So glad I smelled this before I purchased it and had to pay for return shipping.
Regular Contributor

Could you tell what some of the notes were? I almost caved and ordered it but am going to pass if two people already don't like it. I don't feel like supporting Philosophy anymore so just as well I guess.

Super Contributor

I just received my set today - haven't tried the new moisture cleanser yet but I spritzed some of the perfume on the back my hand to try.  At first sniff I have to say there was nothing that smelled like pure grace.  Not sure why they're even calling it that as people who love pure grace won't find much of any similarity to this version.  Anyway, I definitely picked up on a coconut smell.  It most closely reminds me of Estée Lauder bronze goddess if I have to compare it to something.  I have to say the scent definitely lasts on me - it's been several hours since I sprayed it on my hand and I've worked out, cooked dinner, cleaned dishes and washed my hands several times since then and it's still there.  I think I do like it so I'll wear it a few times in the next few days to really test it out.