Honored Contributor

I just caught the end of Courtney's hosting of a fashion show. It looked like her nails had a French manicure with a twist. The nail beds (half-moons at the base of the nails) appeared to also be painted white, to match the tips. Has anyone seen this in "real life," and if so, is there a name for this style of manicure? I do my own nails, but l'm not sure l'm a fan of this.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen that style around here, but I'm ready to see TV personalities move pass that sharp claw trend.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had a french manicure in a very long time.............mmmmm....would like one.

I like these:

Acrylic french maniure designsDIY french manicure designs 2015

French manicure designs for pointed nailsNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3D French manicure designs

nice-but not practicalWedding 3d French manicure designsperfect

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@catlover:  The top one is beautiful-- probably good for a bride.

Honored Contributor

Yes, that top one is really pretty.  I had a French manicure when I got married .... Didn't think of a flower decal.  I would have only done one on each hand to keep it simple.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

It is called a moon manicure and became popular several years ago after one of the designers had the models sporting it on the runway.  I think it originally started in the 30's.  Not a fan of the dated, traditional, french pink/white style but love the unique color combinations especially with dark colors and metallics.  Google moon manicure to get lots of pictures.

Honored Contributor

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

It is called a moon manicure and became popular several years ago after one of the designers had the models sporting it on the runway.  I think it originally started in the 30's.  Not a fan of the dated, traditional, french pink/white style but love the unique color combinations especially with dark colors and metallics.  Google moon manicure to get lots of pictures.

Thanks, @NJgirl 1205!

Honored Contributor

I'm sure I have seen it on someone, somewhere.  There is no limit to what women are doing with nails today.  I like it, I even like the pointy talons, if that happens to be what a woman likes.  There's no right or wrong when it comes to manicures now.  That's a good thing.  I've been doing a short, natural nail with clear polish all summer.  It works with my bright lip color and wild colored polish I use on my toes.   I'll do something different when fall comes.

Frequent Contributor

Moon manicures were popular back in the 1950s.

Trusted Contributor

I do not wear "nail art" but I appreciate it on others Smiley Very Happy  I'll tell you, my favorite of that group of photos is the black stiletto with the white lace overlay.  On the right 20-something, those would be so cool!  I don't think I like the idea of anything protruding from the nail on anyone (just going to snag on everything and scratch you) but I love the creativity that I'm seeing lately!  Very fun.