Trusted Contributor

How does Eve's foundations compare with It Cosmetics?

Honored Contributor

@dperry wrote:

How does Eve's foundations compare with It Cosmetics?

Less coverage but stays in the pores. I found It to be too much coverage for myself. I didn't like either of them.

Respected Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

Therefore, I do not think I will purchase her products in the future. This is HD makeup. It is heavy makeup even with a light hand. Most younger women perfer a powder unless they have very dry skin. I am 61 and find this makeup a bit heavy. If you have a proper prescription for eyeglasses, you will see this as well.

In reading the reviews, it seems those that don't like the makeup do find it too heavy.  Since Eve is known for doing makeup for the ladies on The View and she said this was the same makeup, then I can totally understand that this is HD makeup and may be too heavy for many people.  But then there are also those that love it.  I've never tried it and don't know what I would think.  I tend to use Laura Geller and that is not heavy makeup, but I'm curious about using a creme.  Last new foundation I tried was Doll10 and I wasn't that enamoured.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

Therefore, I do not think I will purchase her products in the future. This is HD makeup. It is heavy makeup even with a light hand. Most younger women perfer a powder unless they have very dry skin. I am 61 and find this makeup a bit heavy. If you have a proper prescription for eyeglasses, you will see this as well.

In reading the reviews, it seems those that don't like the makeup do find it too heavy.  Since Eve is known for doing makeup for the ladies on The View and she said this was the same makeup, then I can totally understand that this is HD makeup and may be too heavy for many people.  But then there are also those that love it.  I've never tried it and don't know what I would think.  I tend to use Laura Geller and that is not heavy makeup, but I'm curious about using a creme.  Last new foundation I tried was Doll10 and I wasn't that enamoured.

@sueinsf wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

She did say you only need very little of the product.  Also, you can dampen the brush to "thin it out" for the application.  I'm giving it a try.  I had one of her TSV's and liked it, but returned it because I felt I had too many brands on hand at that time.  Will give it another try.  I like the items in this TSV better too.

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding foundation shades? I am truly a light-medium.  Some light foundations (such as Doll 10) are far too light and look pasty, while some mediums look muddy.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Looked way too yellow for my skin tone.

I didn't like the look of any of it!

Hyacinth

Contributor

I have used both her light and her medium. You really can customize because you're getting two shades. I am also a light medium and I'm currently using her medium. 

Frequent Contributor

I am truly a l/m and use medium in Eve Pearl, not a problem.  I too, could not wear light in Doll, way too pasty.  BTW love Eve Pearl, been using since she was on Evine.  If I want something lighter Dr. Jart BB cream, if I want something quick and flawless, Makeup Forever stick.  BTW, I am 71.

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

Sadly,  I returned the kits that I purchased the last time.  The make up just sat on my skin and didn't look natural,  and I jused a very light hand.  I even tried it with a touch of water.  Was just not for me.  The lipstick also had a very strong scent that I couldn't stand,  so I returned.  This kit looks beautiful for those who like her products.   Have fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for ' your ' honest opinion, personally experienced!

I had ...Yes, haaàa... Listened To The overwhelming and rightfully okay'd hype, so I stay longer- watched with out any option, but knew within ten minutes this was not for me..... GREAT for those using her techniques and her inspirations of a personal exercise journey. 

I DID ___ like the 3 shades of blush which I have one ( another line) similar to the EXACT hues, but in a compact.

Wearing very little of any application of CC cremes or foundations, I do not like the heavy pigment from mixing two shades together. Possibly would choose the concealer very light handed, If ....That. 

I can NOT wear brown eye shadows, but had seen a video where she SAID her favorites were for grey- green eyes, which would be me: she definitely mentioned her favorites in using greens, medium softer black, and ( almost one of a time formulas of purple. That apparently is the "3" that she using with very light skin and green\ hazel eyes, also my favorites for a intense but not SO dramatic look. 

I can and have always trusted this combination for over 15+ years. I can vary these hues and have a great pulled together look, or wear nothing! 

Do not like the light shade of lip color, nor would use the coco brow as as last resort for brows. Never do I  need that painted on brow look. 

Of course this is my OWN opinion why I have no qualms of a no purchase. I did, however think she would have an alternative selection of different shadows in choosing. 

AND! What with the ( appears to be) crayon angled brow for CAREFULLY drawing on with - also- the dark brown. Not everyone wants that intense pigment from a brow enhancer.....

I had hoped and was ( almost) ready to purchase. Reinforcement for my Stay_away from kits designed for apparently someone else? 

Glad for all the takers and now I know who is EP is, especially dropping names from The Bush es, the Clint ONs ....The Trmpppssss.... " where does that fit in- whom would care if Kellie R. uses this. What a bunch of stuff!!!!

" just my perspective to someone else as my reply to poster that knew more than I expected". 

@nyc1

Super Contributor

I was interested in this Eve Pearl TSV but have been disappointed in the demonstrations. In the demos I have seen the models are obviously already wearing makeup. This makes it difficult to decide just how much actual coverage you are going to get from the product.

I have never had much success with cream foundations.. They are thick. Most people don't want a thick foundation. But I was thinking that it might work as a concealer if it blends well. I may still try it but I am really upset about the demos. Very dishonest presentation.